Risk ManagerStart Application Job ID MAPS-8408 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
The Enterprise Cards Risk Manager is responsible for the development, recommendation, implementation, tracking and reporting of City National Bank's risk management programs within the Enterprise Cards group to ensure limited risk exposure. The Enterprise Group is responsible for the ongoing delivery of, and development of new, consumer and commercial (business) card and payment products and services which include, but are not limited to: consumer and commercial credit cards and associated loyalty programs; consumer and commercial prepaid and gift cards; commercial virtual payment card solutions (ePayables); consumer and commercial ATM cards; ATMs; mobile wallets; and person-to-person (P2P) payments. The Risk Manager will play a crucial role as the Enterprise Cards group experiences a period of rapid growth in the number, complexity, distribution and utilization of existing and new products and services and associated revenue for which it is responsible.
The Enterprise Cards Risk Manager leads and executes the risk assessment programs, including identification of key risks and their mitigating controls. Provides risk expertise working with colleagues within the Enterprise Cards department (e.g., product management; project management; operations; data and financial analysis; sales; and marketing, communications and content management), and second-line risk partners outside the Enterprise Cards group (e.g., Operational Risk, Business Continuity, IT Risk, Vendor Risk, Corporate Security, Legal Services, Compliance, and the City Loan Center), to assess and manage risk exposures and adequacy of controls. The Risk Manager is also responsible for the continued maturation and improvement of risk management practices, and execution of those practices, within the Enterprise Cards department.
The Risk Manager will also help ensure that Enterprise Cards is in compliance with all requirements, processes, laws, regulations and risk guidance, both internal (City National Bank and Royal Bank of Canada) and external (CFPB, OCC, etc.); oversee cards-related product risk and compliance programs by fielding and responding to requests for internal and external audits and regulatory and/or risk reviews; communicate risk and compliance updates to Enterprise Cards colleagues and other second-line risk partners outside the Enterprise Cards group, as appropriate; document, track and respond to issues, deadlines, remediation plans and other risk- and compliance-related projects; review and manage appropriate policies, procedures and controls; and develop, analyze and provide reporting metrics for various key risk and performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively within Enterprise Cards and with second-line risk partners to coordinate risk management and measurement activities.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for the activities performed in Enterprise Cards and their associated risk exposure.
- Execute and manage risk assessment programs (e.g., Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Impact Assessments, Business Continuity Planning, Vendor Risk Assessments and Know Your Product Questionnaires, the latter which are subject to risk re-assessment every three years) to identify and quantify Enterprise Cards risks and their associated controls.
- Establish processes to test and report on the performance of risk-mitigating controls (e.g., if policies and procedures are being followed, including those governing due diligence processes and risk assessments for new and existing products and services).
- Coordinate the completion of risk-mitigating actions and provide status updates about open and closed issues to senior management and second-line risk management colleagues and/or teams.
- Provide insight and supporting data to assess scenario impact assessments, e.g., Business Impact Assessments, Business Continuity Planning.
- Investigate large or repetitive loss events impacting Enterprise Cards to assess potential systemic weaknesses and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform periodic reviews and reporting of Enterprise Cards colleagues' IT systems access.
- Develop, document, maintain and update, as needed, risk management policies and procedures. Periodically test and report on adherence to such procedures as required by applicable regulations and/or enterprise risk policies.
- Ensure appropriate Enterprise Cards colleagues are trained on and following applicable risk management policies, procedures and reporting.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate controls and reporting related to the products and services managed, delivered and supported by the Enterprise Cards department; the processes employed; and the incentives with which colleagues are rewarded.
- Field, manage, track and respond to Enterprise Cards product and operational audit, compliance, legal and risk management requests, both internal and external.
- Serve as Enterprise Cards liaison with City National Bank's and Royal Bank of Canada's audit, compliance, legal and risk management departments, colleagues and disciplines.
- Comply fully with all City National Bank operational and credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Complete all required training and special projects as requested.
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in banking or financial services industry required
- *Minimum 5 years risk management and/or compliance experience required
- *Minimum 3 years' experience with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint, including PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Must have financial services industry expertise, preferably as it relates to consumer and commercial card and payment products and services.
- Strong knowledge of risk management practices.
- Business maturity level and skill/judgment to be able to deal effectively with leadership within Enterprise Cards and across City National's organization, including Royal Bank of Canada.
- Ability to impact and influence at all levels of City National's organization.
- Solid problem-solving, analytical (including qualitative analysis), research and quantitative skills.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize workload according to business needs.
- Sound knowledge of project management practices.
- Some travel to offices across the region as/when needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Ability to develop and establish credibility and rapport with product managers, operations staff, subject matter experts, group managers and sales colleagues within Enterprise Cards, as well as with legal, compliance, audit, and second-line risk management partners throughout City National's organization.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.