RISK ANALYST FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position will have responsibility for identifying risk and control deficiencies in conjunction with department managers. Works with key parties to identify areas of potential risk and ensures mitigation procedures are established and documented. Will assist with the completion of risk assessments, identifying key metrics, quarterly risk reporting, compliance with current and new regulations, risk and RBC reporting requirements, and ensures all units maintain current documentation that adheres to the Division's standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to standard processes consistent with 1LOD Risk and Compliance Unit.
- Works with the Risk Manager to enhance the Operational Risk program; identifying and evaluating key risk indicators, assisting with risk self-assessments, developing remediation efforts and other projects as appropriate. Works with the unit Subject Matter Experts to put preventative measures in place and ensure policy and procedure documentation is kept current.
- As needed, works with Compliance, Legal, and Credit disciplines to review and determine if new legislation or regulations are applicable to department operations. Will work with the unit Department Managers to ensure business units implement necessary processes and/procedures to comply.
- Provides guidance on assorted matters (such as: monitoring operational developments and providing updates to appropriate managers; performing document reviews, and conducting risk training); and researches and prepares for resolution.
- Creates project plans, periodic update reports and maintain detailed task lists for each project or deliverable related to assigned projects; follows up with project members as necessary.
- Assists in analyzing data gathered from internal sources and create measures to protect the bank by means of designing or revising workflow processes, updating policies and procedures, adding system enhancements, etc.
- May perform independent reviews including: quality assurance documents, underwriting reviews, internal credit review ratings, non-compliance issues with CNB policies and procedures, and appropriate documentation to identify potential credit ,operational and reputational risks.
- Memorializes minutes and action items from risk committees and workshops as needed.
- In addition to primary responsibility, assist the Risk Manager on various projects management activities, presentations and preparation of quarterly risk reports and other ad hoc reporting.
- Stays abreast on specific reporting standards, department reporting requirements and bank system changes/enhancements.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of operational experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the financial services sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in risk management or compliance in a banking or lending environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Project Management or leadership role
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of risks associated with operations and loans as well as industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting requirements, AML/BSA, regulations, audit standards
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers; excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal/customer service skills; excellent analytical skills; strong project management and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, makes recommendations, and/or escalates the issues.
- Ability to handle problem situations with colleagues and clients effectively.
- Familiar with deposit and lending regulations with emphasis on Bank Secrecy and USA Patriot Acts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Visio and Tableau
Starting base salary: $87,027 - $138,965 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled