Non-Producing, Residential Lending Lead, West Coast Private BankingJob ID RLD-11181 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule Mon - Fri, 8a - 5p
The Team Lead, Residential Sales will be responsible for managing and directing mortgage loan sales activities to achieve the Residential Lending Division's production, loan quality and profitability goals. Specifically this colleague will coach, develop, motivate and support a team of mortgage sales reps to ensure maximum sales effectiveness. Also responsible for directing new business marketing efforts, coordinating sales leads, identifying cross-sell opportunities, and managing a production pipeline. Integrates sales activities across the division and the bank to drive a strong Residential Lending sales culture. Actively works with mortgage sales reps to build productive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Bank to facilitate product sales. Performs other duties as requested. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
- Manages the Residential Lending sales staff (RLOs). Establishes new business production goals for each RLO to achieve the sales objectives of the division. Reviews goals versus actual results. Provides direct sales coaching on assessing needs, developing solutions and closing deals.
- With RLO sales staff, calls on existing or prospective clients and referral sources to generate sales. Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in approving or recommending transactions. Ensures conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements during the application process.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities. As appropriate, uses those activities to promote the bank's mortgage (and other) products and services to prospective clients and referral sources.
- Works closely with product managers to continually develop and enhance new Residential Lending capabilities, Residential Lending products and services and enhance existing capabilities.
- Interfaces with senior level management within the Bank as well as bank relationship managers, team leaders and business development officers on Residential Lending sales related issues, processes and activities.
- Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices and changes in market conditions.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Completes all special projects as requested.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- *Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related area and/or equivalent
- *10+ years of mortgage lending experience in a financial services environment
- *Three years of management experience
- *Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act
- Must possess well-developed sales and client management skills with expert knowledge in mortgage products, services and solutions.
- Demonstrated sales leadership/management experience and acknowledged success in a sales management role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Extensive industry/business knowledge of practices and regulations that affect mortgage lending activities. Must possess demonstrated management skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills sufficient to interact with all levels of Bank personnel and clients.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.