Relationship Manager IPG IIIJob ID RE-11374 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Build your career with a stable and expanding organization as a Relationship Manager in the Income Property Group within City National's Real Estate Banking (REB). With high integrity and a platform designed for success, the Income Property Group plays a critical role as real estate subject matter experts across the Bank's geographic footprint.
As a Relationship Manager, you will provide your expertise on mini-perm and permanent loans requests from City National line units and clients managed outside REB, delivering input and recommendations for owner-occupied and investor real estate loan transactions. You will give upfront reviews of proposed loan transactions for loan sizing and structural recommendations, clarity on historical property-level cash flow and market analysis, and commentary on letters of interest issued. You will conduct asset due diligence (e.g. rent rolls operating statements, lease review), appraisal and environmental reviews, and annual asset reviews.
Drawing on your industry connections and experience, you will identify, solicit and obtain direct and indirect third-party placement engagements when needed, to help facilitate the most appropriate and financially sound underwriting possible.
Ideal candidates bring and further develop an active network of relevant industry sources in all segments of real estate origination, and engage in marketing activities to expand and/or retain profitable business relationships and opportunities for the Bank.
- *Minimum 7 years of Real Estate lending experience
- *Minimum 7 years in a banking or financial lending environment
- *Minimum 5 years of Broker experience and a Sales or Broker's license
- Knowledge of Bank lending policies and practices, credit analysis, credit relationships, documentation; permanent mortgage market underwriting, pricing and trends; and other products and services utilized by customers
- Ability to maintain existing banking relationships and develop prospective account referrals
- Ability to analyze complex loan proposals and financial statements, structure owner-occupied and investor credit facilities, and utilize flexibility in loan decisions and account management
- Ability to negotiate credit agreements, underwriting and provide advice in a collaborative manner in support of Bank growth initiatives
- Good interpersonal and marketing skills to work effectively within the Real Estate Banking division and to support City National line unit clients, and work collaboratively with Credit Managers and Credit Administration.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with third party lenders (i.e., Life Companies, Conduits, Pension Funds and other lending sources)
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position, you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.