Project Manager IIIStart Application Job ID MCG-10496 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
The Project Manager works within the Management Consulting Group and is assigned projects for one or more departments/divisions within the bank. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize non-technical projects according to timelines, milestone events and within budget. This includes acquiring resources, capacity planning and coordinating and motivating all project team members, contractors and/or consultants to flawlessly complete project deliverables. Project Managers help define project objectives, scope and requirements; and ensure high levels of development and project execution throughout its life cycle. City National Bank Project Managers must adhere to the CNB Project Management Lifecycle Methodology.
Serves as a lead over large size projects assigned to multiple clients. Manages multiple projects simultaneously from start to implementation with limited supervision. Monitors development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule. Develops and monitors project budget with limited management supervision. Participates in long-range planning and the design of business cases. Consults with all levels of management and typically coordinates activities across multiple units/divisions. Strong leadership and negotiation skills. Demonstrates good knowledge of banking. Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills. Colleague typically has five to seven years related experience and four to five years project lead experience. Typically interfaces with Bank colleagues, including senior management and/or external resources, to ensure quality and timeliness of all project work. Is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of project methodology, management tools and techniques across all project activities.
- *Bachelor's degree required.
- *Minimum 5 years experience in a project management role.
- *Minimum 3 years work experience in a bank or financial services.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Finance and/or Risk Management experience a plus
- Good knowledge of banking preferred.
- Possesses leadership and negotiation skills.
- Colleague typically has four to five years relevant experience with some project lead experience or one to two years supervisory experience.
- Possesses good tactical execution and organizational planning skills.
- Solid understanding of banking industry and the client expectations that constitute premier client service.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Must be able to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork/client management skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact professionally with all levels of individuals including executive management. Exceptional "people skills" in that the work tends to involve conflicts among stakeholders, strong opinions, and other stresses among participants. Must be able to tactfully and diplomatically resolve conflicts among stakeholders in a variety of situations.
- Exceptional problem resolution skills.
- Strong change management skills.
- Strong Project Management Skills including the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong skills with MS Office Suite, e.g. MS Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Access, Project and Power Point. Must have functional knowledge of SharePoint.
- Must have vast industry knowledge to support the design of products to solve corporate wide issues or enhancements.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of project methodology, management tools and techniques across all project activities.
- Must possess process management skills, including process mapping, design, measurement/controls and improvement.
- Must have a sense of urgency, bias for action, initiative and follow through.
- Efficient, yet with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Resourceful, creative and willing to learn.
- Position requires individual who is independent, has high energy/enthusiasm and the ability to analyze/solve problems and identify opportunities.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled