PROGRAM MGR III EPMO
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The EPMO function is responsible for the management of major programs across the bank. This position is responsible for the planning, implementation and successful delivery of one or more key programs, leading project teams and Project Managers that are each responsible for elements therein. This includes architecting program or project structures, plans to enable fulfillment an articulated business strategy and managing large program budgets. The EPMO Program Manager will also need to be able to quickly assess the health of the portfolio and make recommendations to improve delivery capability. They will manage end-to-end complex cross-line of business impacting change initiatives in alignment with CNB's Enterprise Change Management Framework. This includes all phases of program delivery from idea generation, business case development, planning, execution and transition to BAU. They will challenge/review program status in partnership with business and technology stakeholders to ensure sound risk and issue management throughout the project lifecycle. Program elements may include areas such as organization structure, processes, operational support and technology. Role will be instrumental in driving and tracking program activities, negotiating changes in plans and effective communication with all stakeholders and senior management. Success of program outcomes will be measured by the implementation and fulfillment of a strategy and realization of program's defined benefits and results.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Establish and drive delivery of program plan objectives, coordinating activities across multiple departments and projects to achieve program goals.
- Define and establish program and governance structures to support successful delivery and manage program risk
- Manage large complex programs and projects as needs dictate
- Reviews and approves project plans for conformance to program strategy, program plan and schedule.
- Leads and facilitates high-level meetings for program plan requirements and to develop schedules and milestone measurements.
- Accountable to program stakeholders and senior management for schedule, budget, quality and outcome of all program elements.
- Communication liaison with key stakeholders, coordinating and holding periodic briefings/status updates.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Understand cross-program dependencies
- Provide guidance and leadership to a matrixed Program & Project Team.
- Manage team of junior program / project managers.
- Adhere to CNB Project Management Guidelines and delivery methodologies when applicable
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures and completes all required training.
- Position may work in one or more of the following:
- ECM (Enterprise Change Management) Roles:
- Financial /Capacity Management (includes business case development, cost-benefit analysis, financial planning, managing project and program level costs/burn rates and resource/capacity planning) Responsibilities include financial oversight for strategic programs to drive decision making and track benefits realization for CNB;
- PMO Tooling (includes configuration and reporting for project portfolio management and risk management – tracking against KPIs/KRIs, executive reporting) Responsibilities include delivery of strategic tooling capabilities to support automated reporting and process adherence to enterprise change methodologies;
- Quality Assurance (includes experience in testing and/or oversight functions to govern adherence to change policies, procedures and standards) Responsibilities include first Line of Defense evaluation of ECM process adherence, quality and standards reviews and planned results. Goal is to promote continuous improvement and reduce defects;
- Ability to lead organizational change – across multiple lines of business; including ability to build strong business partner relationships, training, communications and process redesign experience Supports the development and integration of change management processes, procedures and methodologies (supporting both agile and waterfall lifecycles);
- Governance / Oversight (includes operationalization and oversight of Enterprise PMO functions to support programs/project teams in their change management execution Responsibilities include the establishment of measurable KPIs and KRIs to enable executive status reporting across the enterprise implementing, maintaining and continuously improving program /project management capabilities and reporting to support the Bank’s strategic goals.
- Regulatory Roles:
- Engages and partners with Risk/Compliance and LOB partners to meet regulatory commitments. Will be responsible for managing regulatory specific programs/projects.
- Strategic Program Roles:
- Position is a subject matter expert in User Experience / Change Management Skills in the following areas:
- Client journey mapping: draw client journey maps highlighting key pain points and moments of truth
- Client experience design: create target state vision for a streamlined, seamless client experience in financial services
- Product ownership: experience working in agile development settings with business and technology stakeholders to create product roadmaps, prioritize features and define MVPs
- Business requirements gathering: work with multiple stakeholders to identify and document business requirements
- UX design: strong functional design sense and prototyping experience
- Operations process redesign: redesign existing operations process to support target client experience
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing PMO functions and/or end-to-end complex change programs independently with multi-department/Line of Business impact.
- Minimum 7 years banking/financial services and/or technology industry experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Management Consulting background highly preferred
- PMP or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Understands full project lifecycle, can assess impacts, including people, process and technology, manage scope/schedule/risks and deliver project results
- Can drive organizational change and understands how to structure program governance and reporting at the portfolio level
- Can think strategically and effectively manage relationships with business partners
- Strong executive presentation skills and ability to influence business decisions in alignment with strategic goals/objectives
- Experience with Commercial and Consumer lending highly preferred
- Experience in structured analysis, strategy, problem-solving and critical thinking
- Expert with the MS Office Suite with a focused ability to create concise and compelling presentations (Project Plans in MS Project, Presentations in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc).
- Must have strong business savvy with good diplomacy skills in order to influence and be effective with senior executives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and exercise solid judgment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with highly technical as well as functional partners
- Must be extremely knowledgeable with bank-wide strategic plans and direction.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of project methodology, various project management tools and techniques across all program and project activities
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation and/or support of applications and/or infrastructure environments within a technology organization a plus
Starting base salary: $144,080 - $187,170 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled