WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Program Consultant-EPMO is responsible for the operational management of the Enterprise PMO, overseeing the execution of major programs across the bank. This position is responsible for the planning, implementation and successful delivery of one or more key PMO functions, supporting the Program Managers and Project Managers in their project oversight. This includes managing the governance, reporting, quality assurance and end-to-end project delivery for enterprise transformation; providing transparency into program status and mitigating risk or issues to these projects. This position will help support the development, training and adherence to enterprise change standards and processes. Program elements may include areas such as organization structure, processes, operational support and technology. Role will be instrumental in driving and tracking program activities, negotiating changes in plans and effective communication with all stakeholders and senior management. Success of program outcomes will be measured by the implementation and fulfillment of a strategy and realization of program's defined benefits and results.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Document and communicate Enterprise Program Management Office objectives, coordinating activities across multiple departments and projects to achieve program goals.
- Implement program and governance structures to support successful delivery and manage program risk
- Support management of mid to large complex programs and projects as needs dictate
- Sets, maintains and ensures standards for project management across the organization
- Create oversight functions to support program strategy alignment, program plan delivery and schedule management.
- Support education/learning for change practitioners of large complex programs and projects
- Facilitate and support high-level meetings for PMO requirements and to operationalize the EPMO reporting, risk oversight and governance
- Accountable to program stakeholders and senior management for managing the outcome of all program elements.
- Communication creation for key stakeholders, coordinating and holding periodic briefings/status updates.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning, providing transparency to enterprise wide issues and risks
- Document cross-program dependencies
- Provide guidance and leadership to a matrixed Program & Project Team.
- Adhere to CNB Project Management Guidelines and delivery methodologies when applicable
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures and completes all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing complex programs/projects involving a large team with multi-department impact.
- Minimum 2 years banking/financial services and/or technology industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years supporting a Project Management Office or Risk/Governance function
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA Degree a plus
- PMP or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to consolidate and produce relevant project data to executive stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Expert with the MS Office Suite with a focused ability to create concise and compelling presentations (Project Plans in MS Project, Presentations in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc).
- Enterprise Project Management Operations Project Management background desired.
- Must have strong business savvy with good diplomacy skills in order to influence and be effective with senior executives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and exercise solid judgment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with highly technical as well as functional partners
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of project methodology, various project management tools and techniques across all program and project activities
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation and/or support of applications and/or infrastructure environments within a technology organization a plus
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled