Product Review ManagerStart Application Job ID MAPS-10118 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
The Product Review Committee (PRC) Manager will be part Product Manager (owning PRC and all of its workings), part Project Manager (planning, executing, and finalizing PRC projects), and part Engagement Manager (driving member engagement and involvement through discussion, technology, and other means). Central to this role is an understanding of the product lifecycle, risks inherent to products in the financial services realm and engagement with oversight, and project management tools and techniques.
The PRC Management function coordinates and manages the formulation and implementation of all activities for PRC, including documentation and training to those who need it, acting as the voice and technical expert for PRC, and being the central hub for all things PRC.
Product Review Committee:
- Serve as PRC Secretary and manage all Product Review Committee Activities.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and implement measures to enhance and continually develop PRC, including: process improvements, PRC Communication, etc., as well as procedures to and improve Committee efficiency, accountability, internal controls and mitigation strategies.
- Recommend and implement programs to ensure optimum engagement, maintain quality, and mitigate risk. Advise on the solution of technical problems, priorities, and methods. Resolve or recommend solutions to complex problems.
- Prepare and maintain reports and analyses on PRC activities and present to Bank Management on a regular basis.
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting PRC objectives.
- Maintain the Product Launch Calendar, the PRC email handle, other communication channels for PRC; write, route, and disseminate monthly PRC Executive Summary and other PRC communications.
- Evangelize for PRC to maintain current Committee environment of trust and respect.
- Identify and maintain PRC action items and oversee resolution of identified items.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues to ensure that processes are integrated to support PRC objectives. Act as business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice regarding PRC processes and requirements. Maintain solid understanding of all aspects of a system/business project lifecycle, i.e. enhancements, user requirements, application configuration, etc. in order to do this.
Project and Engagement Management:
- Maintain knowledge of Bank-wide strategic planning and direction.
- Ensure product development processes consistent with City National Bank's risk requirements.
- Provide guidance on risk issues with both Product Development process and PRC.
- Maintain knowledge in all aspects of project management methodology, including tools and techniques across all project activities.
- Demonstrate track record of delivering positive results in project work.
- Manage resources through cross-functional teams.
- Set and develop strategic goals and techniques for projects and effectively communicate these items to all project team members.
- Coordinate across departments to ensure appropriate implementation of process changes and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date on competition, regulation, marketplace, and internal and external issues related to product review and product risk processes, and be fully conversant on issues and current trends as they relate to the banking industry's products and services. Utilize industry knowledge to support solutioning of enterprise-wide product review processes, questions or developments.
- Represent the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills. Extensive industry/business knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in demonstrating initiative in creating and maintaining positive business relationships with various unit managers.
- Project management experience with the ability to concurrently manage multiple projects and timeframes is necessary.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to prepare comprehensive reports, make presentations and communicate with all levels of Bank management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential; must be adept and engage with communication technologies including virtual meetings, screen share, conference room technologies, etc.
- Knowledge of the Product Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of product compliance and risk management
- Ability to work independently and manage numerous priorities simultaneously
- Strong project management skills
- Strong managerial skills and ability to partner well with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Commitment to and evidenced pursuit of continuing education related to the role
- Identify and evaluate risk, controls and issues and communicate to resolve such
- Understand different team project delivery mechanisms (i.e., Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Formally deliver information to groups or individuals understanding audience and tailor communication for such
- Communicate ideas and facts in writing in a clear and concise manner; fluid communicator that can address all levels of hierarchical importance
- Foster relationships
- Ability to answer difficult questions with tact and engage multiple departments and opinions in discussion
- Ability to lead large meetings efficiently
- Evidenced ability to lead large projects with multiple cross-functional teams
- Interfaces with all levels of management throughout the Corporation. Excellent knowledge of assigned products (strategy, competition, operations, regulations, compliance, etc.) and the product management function. Strong understanding of the bank and brokerage's entire suite of products, how they fit together, how strategically positioned and sold, etc., to provide the appropriate products and services to our clients. Excellent project planning and managerial skills are required to plan, assign and monitor all assigned projects. Extensive industry/business knowledge necessary. Knowledge of product development life cycle, product compliance and risk management desirable. Displays creativity when designing solutions to problems. Colleague typically has 10 or more years of related experience with over three years managing an extensive project(s) and/or large team(s).
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of banking experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing medium to large projects required.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.