Payments Fraud Analytics LeadJob ID BIS-11421 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule TBD
The Payments Fraud Analytics Manager leads the Bank's fraud prevention and risk management activities for payment systems to mitigate both the Bank's and our clients' exposure to potential fraudulent activities. The manager is responsible for evaluating industry, client and situational/threat trends by payment type, as well as cross-channel. The manager is responsible for ongoing analytics and recommendations which are presented to senior executive management enterprisewide, and used to rapidly respond to emerging fraudulent activities. In addition, the manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Bank's Fraud Prevention analytics to support new products such as Zelle, as well as new product features such as increases to existing debit cards.
Given the dynamic nature of payments' fraud, the manager must be actively involved with industry trade groups and peer banks, as well as able to quickly assess and respond to emerging trends. As such, the manager has significant decision making responsibilities.
Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with internal and external CNB customers and providing exemplary customer service. Adherence to Bank and regulatory policies.
- *B.A. in mathematics or similar disciple.
- *Minimum 5 years in financial services experience with deep knowledge of payment systems. Demonstrated ability to work in an enterprise wide role and to lead through influence.
- *Minimum 3 years with Falcon (or comparable system) fraud strategy and rule writing
- *Minimum 3 years of experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring.
- Develop the Bank's payments fraud strategy to minimize the Bank's payments fraud losses.
- Assess trends impacting payments fraud and provide real-time recommendations to mitigate potential fraud against the Bank and clients.
- Define, formulate and create complex analytical models to assess payments fraud activities. Create models to assess payments fraud activity within a specific payment system and across payment systems.
- Serve a Bank's Knowledge Expert on Payments Fraud and accountable for developing the Bank's Payments Fraud Strategy. Actively participate on key payments initiatives.
- Perform complex analysis and/or modeling to identify patterns of fraudulent transactions and to prevent fraudulent usage of ATM/Debit/Credit Cards/Wires. New payment types such as Zelle are expected within the next few months..
- Create, test and implement rule criteria in applicable detection systems (e.g., VCAS, VRM, TSYS, BAE, etc.). Balance fraud prevention recommendations with client experience considerations. (note: Updates may be required on a 24/7/365 basis to prevent fraud.)
- Analyze loss data and recommending/implementing appropriate loss prevention strategies. In addition, evaluate fraud cases and losses holistically to identify potential trends, and areas of improvement.
- Participate actively participate in development of Fraud Policies and Risk Management activities, supporting a broad-spectrum of business units across the Bank.
- Develop and produce executive key performance metrics and report to senior management and enterprise risk.
- Create and deliver reports as requested by clients, implement state of the art analysis tools and forecast processes that ensure global delivery of actionable information as necessary.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of data and its impact in both operational and financial areas.
- Prefer 7 years in financial services experience with deep knowledge of payment systems. Demonstrated ability to work in an enterprise wide role and to lead through influence.
- Prefer 5 years with Falcon (or comparable system) fraud strategy and rule writing
- Prefer 5 years of experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring.
- Ability to create and maintain complex mathematical models.
- Outstanding communications skills and ability to clearly communicate with both senior executives and staff.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk principles and procedures.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of data into concise presentations with sound business conclusions.
- Thorough knowledge of PC computing environment, experience with database/data warehouses, and experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Excel, Crystal Reports or Business Objects and Falcon system/scoring.
- Experience with FICO Falcon Fraud Manager strategy writing a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers.
- Must be able to work in a high-productive, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.