MIS Data Analyst IIJob ID RISK-11509 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
- Drive technology and data initiatives for the team by leading complex data related projects.
- Responsible for both the management and hands-on execution of the vision, strategy, and implementation of solutions to address data analytics and reporting needs.
- Identify and act on efficiency opportunities, streamlining processes and technology.
- Strong analytical mindset with problem solving skills; ability to focus on results and solutions
- Work with Oracle and SQL Server databases along with query and data transformation tools to develop analysis-ready datasets
- Develop and manage the business units data analytics / business intelligence platform using Tableau
- Determine business unit system needs and objectives and consults with business unit regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Prepare business and system requirements for maintenance / enhancements and present recommendations to management.
- Gather and writes-up business and system requirements, prepare test scripts, quality controls all changes, develop and code documents and supports the division credit, loan documentation and loan services teams for trouble shooting hardware and software
- Conduct all user and quality assurance testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Develop test scripts to quality control all changes. Interact with software vendors and BATS to implement software enhancements.
- Collaborate with Credit Administration, BATS, Legal, Product Management and others to create and implement correct forms, products and services as they relate to the system application.
- Provide system application support to end-users and effectively troubleshoot system application problems. Make system configuration changes or coordinate changes with vendors or BATS to correct identified problems.
- Prepare end-user documentation on system enhancements. Communicate key system changes to the user community. Provide continuous training and instruction to users on system application use and business processes.
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Run queries against application databases and/or the Bank's data warehouse and assists with the preparation of periodic or ad hoc reports for distribution to line units, senior management, risk management units (e.g. Audit, Compliance and/or Credit Risk Review) or third parties (e.g. OCC, external auditors).
- Maintain current knowledge of related regulatory and bank policies and procedures.
- Represent the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Complies fully with all Bank Administrative, Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.)
- *Minimum 3 years experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes required.
- *Minimum 3 years experience designing and generating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, Business Objects, or like product required.
- *Minimum 2 years experience working in a loan servicing/operations environment required, preferably in a data-intensive role.
- Understanding of database architecture and query development in SQL Server & Oracle Databases
- Experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes using tools such as Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, or like product.
- Proficient in the use of Business Intelligence tools, including Tableau, MS Excel, MS Access, Qlikview, Power BI, and SAP Business Objects
- Proven ability to work with large quantities of data to extract critical information, and aggregate, transform, analyze, report and visualize.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, and PowerPoint presentation skills for the use in creating Board Presentation Material.
- Basic understanding of project management techniques / methodologies with experience managing routine to intermediate level complexity data projects.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Comfortable in being the first point of contact for user support and problem solving.
Provide basic to intermediate level end-user applications training to support team and improve efficiency.
Provide PC hardware support as well as act as general backup to senior administrative assistant.
Ability to learn new technology quickly and independently
Programming experience a plus
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.