Manager, Loan Documentation & Processing - Private BankingStart Application Job ID PB-9953 CityEl Segundo StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon - Fri, 8a - 5p
The Manager of Loan Documentation & Processing will be responsible for managing overall functions through team leaders/individual contributors. Review existing processes to identify technology, knowledge or process gaps and recommend solutions to bridge gaps and help implement change as Private Banking transitions to a new client model, from paper/file to digital/paperless environment, to a new workflow systems for all support functions, to enhance and improve data integrity and reporting requirements due to CCAR, and to Streamline/Implement processes to measure and report performance against established SLA's. Develop staffing plans based upon overall staffing needs and job functions in support of the Private Banking team moving towards division objectives.
- Hire, terminate, develop, coach, and motivate colleagues.
- Identify staff development needs and provides appropriate opportunities or through leveraging internal or external resources.
- Monitor performance, gives on-going performance feedback and conduct effective performance appraisals. Train, coach, counsel and provide general direction and guidance to staff.
- Oversee and manage workflow and priorities
- Create bench strength to support growth plans that include geographic and product expansion.
- Provide decision-making research and recommendations for the line of business/credit executive
- Manage Operational Risk to flag up gaps and recommend/implement remediation plans
- Assist in Project Management to implement new technology and changes in process/procedures based on Private Banking strategic initiatives.
- Perform satisfactory Audits
- Establish and implement SLAs, productivity and quality measurements for all team job functions. Ensure each team member meets established goals and objectives.
- Implement processes to measure and report performance against established SLAs periodically to Private Banking Management.
- Develop and implement staffing plans based upon overall staffing needs and job functions.
- Manage and prioritize the loan administration workflow (e.g., loan documentation requests and booking). Delegate and assign administration staff based on experience, availability and complexity.
- Manage all administrative loan activities which include the review of reports (e.g. Loan Administration 680 Reports, Department Efficiency/SLA Reports,, Documentation Exceptions, Past Due Reports) Ensure that all documentation policy exceptions are cleared within the waiver period.
- Review credit documentation for completeness, conformance to bank policy and conformance to the approved CRR to protect Bank's interest in the credit relationship.
- Ensure all compliance credit regulations are followed; CBT's are current, satisfactory compliance audits, second quality control for all credit files.
- Respond to questions or inquiries from internal and external clients concerning loan administration activities (e.g.) documentation, booking, before it is elevated, if necessary, to the Credit Manager and Administrative Manager.
- Coordinate and follows up on loan requests between Private Banking and City Loan Center and ensures all documents, reports, correspondence, etc. is complete, accurate, and delivered on time.
- Review financial package for accuracy and completeness for submissions to the City Loan Center.
- Interfaces with Private Client Advisor and Managers on complex documentation issues to ensure documentation is explained to the client
- Manages projects for the Loan Administration team to ensure they are completed in a timely manner and within approved budget parameters
- *Minimum 10 years of experience in financial services
- *Minimum 7 years of experience in loan servicing, loan documentation or credit
- *Minimum 7 years of management experience
- Thorough knowledge of Private Client loan products and portfolio monitoring operations and servicing functions.
- Working knowledge of State, Federal and general banking compliance requirements and regulations.
- General knowledge of complex support systems, department efficiency and productivity, and personnel policies and procedures
- Ability to conduct effective performance appraisals
- Good leadership and managerial skills with emphasis on planning, organizing and scheduling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.