Manager, Ethics OfficeJob ID HR-14191 City Los Angeles State California Additional Location: Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
MANAGER ETHICS OFFICE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Ethics Office Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating the ethics programs and processes for City National Bank while owning the framework for managing conduct risk across the enterprise. The Ethics Office Manager will ensure effective implementation of ethics awareness and reporting processes. This position advises and supports leadership in evaluating ethics expectations and establishing and enforcing ethics policies, procedures and practices. Reporting directly to the SVP Business Partner Manager, the Ethics Manager will be responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for clients and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Human Resources Division
Through this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference as a member of City National's Human Resources team, a diverse and dynamic group focused on supporting the full lifecycle of colleagues through an exceptional workplace experience.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create and manage Ethics Office.
- Leads and directs implementation of the Bank's Ethics Policy, Code of Conduct, Ethics Line, and Conflicts Committee assuring consistency in approach to compliance and standards of business conduct.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding City National Bank's principles through Ethics Program, which includes maintaining the Code of Conduct, Code of Conduct training program, Ethics Line, and ensuring appropriate investigations by internal control functions, legal and external counsel across footprint.
- Drive awareness with employees on Bank's ethical policy and expectations.
- Provides input to the development of corporate policy related to ethics issues.
- Manages alleged misconduct, compliance related matters, and other significant issues through the Ethics Line or Conflicts Committee, as appropriate, for oversight and direction and in collaboration with appropriate business areas (ex: HR Business Partner Manager, Legal).
- Functions as ethics advisor, responding to requests for opinion, including advice to leaders and employees on planning, organizing, and administering courses of action to deal with ethics issues.
- Collaborates with leadership to integrate ethics into the total scope of the business and recommends strategies (training, communication, etc. through Learning & Development Manager) to reinforce proper business conduct.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of corporate governance requirements, compliance and reporting responsibilities, and related legal benchmarks from federal and state law by participating in community boards and driving the Bank's reputation.
- Develops continuous programs for training, communicating, implementing and monitoring all aspects of the Corporate Ethics Program.
- Assures that a confidential communications process is maintained, through the Ethics Line and Conflicts Committee, which enables employees with ethics-related concerns to surface them without fear of retribution.
- In consultation with the (SVP HR Compliance Manager, Chief Colleague Officer and/or General Counsel), develops and assures that procedures are in place for addressing violations of City National Bank's Code of Conduct, including procedures for investigating and resolving allegations and for appropriate and consistent corrective action.
- Coordinates legal, regulatory and employment due diligence review for Code of Conduct and training.
- Reporting to senior HR management, Executive Committee members, and Board of Directors, outside auditors and regulators; advising on SOX and Dodd-Frank issues.
- Responsible for development and implementation of programs for Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Gifts and Entertainment, and Mandatory Absence.
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Master’s Degree and/or JD Degree preferred
- 10+ years HR experience with prior senior HR consulting responsibility, talent management and people leadership of seasoned HR professionals
- Solid working knowledge in all major HR disciplines (employee relations, succession planning, compensation, diversity/EEO, learning and development, organization development/ effectiveness, talent acquisition)
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with related bachelor’s degree or 8 years with related Master’s degree.
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization and maintain strong relationships with senior level internal and external customers,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills and the ability to learn quickly, teach ethics principles accessibly, influence senior leadership, work independently with minimal supervision, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and lead projects in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage leadership to drive cross-functional implementation of new procedural solutions and work instructions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proactive, well organized temperament with ability to effectively manage volume and prioritize accordingly
- Sound judgment and meticulous attention to details to work in a heavy matrix environment.
- Business and Financial Acumen: high ability for business judgment and understands business strategy, the needs of customers and the broader marketplace.
- Strategic Thought Leadership: possesses an innovative, insightful mindset with a willingness to challenge the status quo; demonstrates a disciplined approach, successfully balancing multiple priorities, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
- Talent Capabilities and Expertise: relevant experience in talent management, organizational effectiveness/design, change management and coaching; proven ability to develop & execute on talent strategy.
- Influence with Impact: successful in influencing leaders and employees in making the right talent and business decisions to drive business outcomes; leverages a combination of impeccable verbal and written communication skills, highly developed emotional intelligence, and savvy navigation of complex business structures.
- Consultative Problem Solving: ability to identify and develop solutions with the business, CoEs and enterprise goals in mind; willing to articulate own point of view and demonstrates sound judgment; remains calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
- Inclusion & Diversity: focuses on creating an environment of honesty, inclusion, and respect for others; champions differing ideas and perspectives; strong track record in helping leaders build and retain diverse, inclusive teams.
- Data & Talent Analytics – Insights: leverage data and analytics to drive effective HR and business outcomes; drives utilization of metrics for measuring outcomes and organizational success.
- Integrity/Ethical Standards: maintains the highest degree of integrity and ethical behavior in all business activities and decisions; sets personal standards of conduct that meet or exceed company or legal requirements; models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others; highly respected within current/previous organizations and within the industry as a trusted professional.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled