MANAGER, DATA ANALYSIS - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI)
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Business Intelligence Data Analysis Manager will manage the Data Analyst team that perform functional and in-depth analysis across various lines of business and the design of databases and data analysis procedures. The Manager is responsible for refining BI vision, strategy, and implementation methodologies to address data analytics. The primary focus is to ensure best practices for database design are followed for various types of platforms, such as transactional, aggregation, structured and unstructured data sets. The day to day responsibilities are to ensure data information flows timely and accurately from the organization through the Operational Data Store, Enterprise Data Warehouse and internal downstream systems. Must possess in-depth analysis of data, transactional, business intelligence, enterprise data management and big data concepts.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide leadership and coaching to the team.
- Make recommendations to department manager for status changes.
- Create and deliver constructive feedback and annual performance reviews.
- Support team members who are Subject Matter Experts; guide the development design activities by implementing efficient and secure procedures for database design and data analysis with specific attention to all technical aspects.
- Prioritize project tasks and direct team members on project deliverables.
- Oversee Analysts performing in-depth data analysis by formulating techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Identify data quality issues and concerns and support various data governance initiatives.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the business, data management practices, and data flows within and between various systems and applications.
- Monitor and analyze data performance by keeping informed of existing and evolving data management best practice, industry standards and technologies.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and certifications.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business partners to meet expected customer service levels.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Information technologies in a manager role required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in data analysis required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced PL/SQL and Oracle queries and analysis required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing teams required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technologies strongly preferred.
- Must have proven experience as a Data Manager; 6-8 years of experience preferred.
- Prior hands-on experience in using ETL tools, PL/SQL, Business Objects or other related BI and Big data tools
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task. Strong organizational, planning and management skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, critical thinking, leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate, persuade and build confidence, and trust.
- Capable of transitioning knowledge of management to others. Create an environment of teamwork.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (i.e. data collection, data analysis, data distribution, data consumption, etc.)
- Proven experience with various databases (operational, data warehouse, data lakes).
- Strong analytical mindset with problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of organization
- 4-6 years prior experience in Banking or Financial Services industry a plus.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled