Manager, Credit Risk AnalyticsStart Application Job ID CRDT-8236 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon-Fri, 8am-5pm
This position is responsible for the supervision, development, and implementation of quantitative models related to credit risk in commercial and industrial loans (C&I), commercial real estate (CRE) and consumer portfolios. Develops and maintains the internal probability of default and loss given default databases and will integrate external data relevant to the Bank's loan portfolio. It will conduct probability of default (PD) migration analyses and back testing of credit risk models. This position participates in the development and use of idiosyncratic and regulatory stress scenarios to support stress testing and economic capital calculations.
Important aspect of this position is not only developing the models, but also designing ways to integrate models into day to day risk management and business decisions. This position will need to understand the commercial banking business, and be able to supervise small team to deliver tools and parameters in accordance to desired specifications.
These models will inform and support decisions for Credit, Finance, and Treasury related to Economic Capital, Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST) and Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL).
This position is responsible for the designing and implementing quantification and analysis of credit risk using data driven statistical methodologies, interpreting findings, identifying solutions to optimize risk/return equation and developing presentations to senior management.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *5 years of experience in a risk quantitative position required.
- *Minimum five years technical experience obtaining information from disparate sources, including production and ad hoc systems, linking and analyzing the information, performing data integrity checks and exploratory data analysis required.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience with modeling software required, Stata, R, Matlab, Sas, VBA
- Experience managing analytic team
- Advanced degree in statistics/finance/economics or other quantitative field.
- Experience in statistical/econometric modeling and database management.
- Database experience, SQL, VBA, and Business Objects.
- Knowledge of general lending products (specifically for commercial lending).
- Five years of experience in quantitative analysis, preferably in the financial services industry with an emphasis in the area of risk management.
- Strong background and practical experience in statistical or econometric modeling, model validation, DFAST, Basel II, economic capital and stress testing methodologies.
- Experience in macroeconomic forecasting, credit risk forecasting and incorporating macroeconomic variables in credit risk models
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers, line of business managers and colleagues across the Bank
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.