Job ID TI-16082
Date posted 07/20/2022
MANAGER, ASSET & CONFIGURATION
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Asset and Configuration Manager is will focus on identifying and driving methodologies and processes that support world class standards for delivering Infrastructure Services, and identify and manage key targeted areas for improvement.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Oversee and refine processes to capture colleague IT Asset requests and manage associated assets through their respective lifecycles
- Ensure coordination of data to assist in the financial management of deployed assets throughout their life-cycle
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT Product Catalog
- Establish (or refresh) policies and procedures for tracking the sign-in and sign-out of IT assets
- Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources
- Coordinate the transfer of assets between business units
- Serve as the IT liaison to the asset management & vendor management efforts
- Ensure IT compliance with guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements
- Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information
- Defines the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, attributes and relationships.
- Create, implement, and communicate configuration management plans, processes, and standards.
- Facilitate the negotiation of the scope of the configuration management process in collaboration with CMDB governing structures, process owners, and IT business stakeholders.
- Works with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach to the design, implementation, and coordination of interfaces between configuration management and other service management processes. (Change, Release, Incident, and Knowledge).
- Identify which CIs need to be managed and controlled from the basis of Asset, Configuration Management, and Inventory. Define the CI types and level of detail at which CIs are to be identified.
- Evaluates systems that discover and interface with configuration management database.
- Plan and execute population of the configuration management database (manual and automated); manage CMDB, central libraries, tools, common codes and data; ensure regular housekeeping of the CMDB.
- Ensure changes to the configuration management processes are properly approved and communicated.
- Work collaboratively across Business and Technology Services organization to evolve CMDB assets .
- Produce and distribute management reports for configuration management.
- Define certification and audit processes and engages the CI class owners on regular certification efforts.
- On-board new CI Owners and manage training materials and quick guides.
- Reviews the Configuration Management process on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gather CMDB CI Lifecycle governance process requirements.
- Develop the CMDB CI Lifecycle governance processes that meets the global and regional requirements.
- Working closely with asset owners and technical custodians develop an overall process strategy/topology in support of the CMDB CIs, both at an enterprise level and at a regional level.
- Continue to communicate and uphold the new, standard global processes for CMDB data creation, change and sunset.
- Work with software vendors to review End User License Agreements (EULA) and ensure compliance
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and lease contracts and vendor contracts
- Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into CMDB and ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable
- Perform periodic inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Generate, distribute, & review IT asset management reports
- Resolve accuracy issues of the inventory database
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of ten (7) years of IT / business experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of asset management experience
- ITIL Practitioner or ITIL Service Manager level qualification a plus
- COBIT Framework practitioner or certification a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- In-depth Excel knowledge and experience with data analytics
- Ability to create and present PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in Service Architect / Service Strategist disciplines in an IS function.
- ITIL v3 certification highly desirable.
Skills and Knowledge
- Govern the Technology Lifecycle Processes for all Tech assets and applications and provide required Remediation roadmaps.
- Manage Governance of Tech Debt remediation in collaboration with asset and application owners, including monitoring of devices, systems, and replacement schedules, to ensure compliance with Tech LifeCycle Program controls.
- Support the ideation of new asset lifecycle workflows to enrich the data in ServiceNow CMDB.
- Maintain Lifecycle calendars and Tech Currency of upcoming end of support dates
- Maintain real-time dashboards in ServiceNow & Tableau for full visibility of CNB’s technology debt by vertical lines of business
- Support integration of CMDB with tools such as Flexera to update manufacturer obsolete dates for software and hardware
- Create, monitor, track, and manage reporting ticketing for audit and regulatory reporting
- Provide support for normalization of Hardware & Software models
- Support the tool that provides Obsolete and End of Support Dates, such as Flexera.
- Oversight of the entire technology lifecycle — from assessing needs to the final disposal or e-cycling of the component.
- Manage and support the sync-up of the Tech Lifecycle plans with ServiceNow's SAMPRO module to tick and tie the Software & Hardware Licensing with the discovered installations.
- Coordinate and support the Tech LifeCycle Program Manager in building a strategic approach that examines and plans for the IT Applications/software and infrastructure of the organization. It would encompass multiple phases from the research and planning, all the way through the decline and retirement of the technology.
- Provide Extended Support requirements on an annual basis to Procurement for budget planning.
- Coordinate with the PMO office to ensure Budget and resource needs for Remediation projects are available and planned.
- Collaborate with Infosec to track End of Life Policy Exceptions
- Extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Experienced in design, implementation and documentation of the CMDB
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation and documentation of Workflows
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Ability to provide hands on training to users with different levels of experience.
- Ability to translate business needs into requirements
- Knowledge and experience with financial models and budgeting
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Customer focus, leadership and collaboration
- Strategic thinking, information seeking
- Initiative, innovation, thoroughness and collaboration
- Influencing others, results orientation
- Stakeholder partnership, change advocate
- Master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
Starting base salary: $130,990 - $170,155 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled