LOAN DOCUMENT ADMINISTRATOR SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for the preparation of loan documents for commercial real estate and/or commercial construction loans, including new real estate construction. Obtain and review all necessary loan information to prepare adequate loan documents and takes appropriate action on any issues. Acts as liaison with internal and external sources coordinating loan analysis meetings, working with title and escrow companies as well as internal and external legal sources. Coordinates loan closing, ensuring that all loan documents are properly executed.
Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Obtain and review all necessary loan information to prepare appropriate loan documents, including credit approvals, appraisals, borrowing authority documentation, contracts, CC&Rs, leases, permanent commitments, title information, request for demand, project budget and loan cost breakdown, release price schedule, and any additional information as needed to perfect the bank’s position and reflect the terms of the credit approval. Take appropriate action on any issues that arise to meet the requested document due date.
- Coordinate loan analysis meetings in accordance with established procedures, scheduling all required parties within 24 hours of receipt of an approved RELAR/PCMF and credit memo or within a reasonable amount of time upon receipt of a draft RELAR/PCMF and credit memo.
- Prepare real estate loan documents (i.e., loan agreements, financing statements, notes, trust deeds, disclosure statements, etc.) based on knowledge of loan type and of bank and department policies and procedures. Participate in loan document negotiation with the borrower and relationship manager. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Work with the Legal Department or outside counsel when appropriate to coordinate the preparation of real estate documents or to obtain specific legal language as needed. Determine whether standard documents can be used, or if assistance from the Legal Department is required in the document preparation. Analyzes the organizational documents (i.e., partnership agreements, trust agreements, etc.).
- Communicate with title officers to ensure that all title issues are satisfied and the loan is properly recorded and funded within established time frames.
- Facilitate loan closing, ensuring that all loan documents are properly executed; comprehensive recording instructions to title company are prepared and delivery is verified; loan is recorded, booked and funded accurately and expeditiously. Establish reserve accounts and verify information is reflected in the loan documents and on the cost breakdown.
- Review existing loan file for uncleared audit exceptions and prior to Loan Analysis Meeting.
- Acts as liaison to other departments within the Bank to resolve questions pertaining to documentation; may contact customers or their professional representatives for responses to documentation or collateral questions as directed by supervisor or requested by Relationship Managers.
- Reviews all completed documents to ensure that documents were signed by the borrower(s) and approved by the loan officers as appropriate; ensures completed loan documents are distributed within time completion guidelines.
- Maintains current knowledge of real estate loan documentation through continued enrollment in Bank and other-provider courses related, but not limited to, computer-based lending, and the Community Reinvestment Act; remains abreast of additions and changes to federal and state legislation related to both commercial and real estate lending; keeps abreast of the climate of real estate and general business markets.
- Updates and maintains Department Documentation Manuals.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 5 years of experience in real estate documentation
- 5 years of experience in a commercial bank or other financial institution
- 4 years of basic computer experience required (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel , Outlook, and Powerpoint)
Skills and Knowledge
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled