Loan Documentor IIIJob ID RLD-11674 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Residential Lending - Loan Documentor III provides loan documentation support to Private Bankers and Underwriters in facilitating loan preparation, documentation and loan servicing activities. Serve as a liaison with sales team, lending team, City Loan Center (CLC), and legal to ensure all loans are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship.
- Obtain and review all necessary loan information to prepare appropriate loan documents, including credit approvals, borrowing authority documentation, collateral information, request for demand and any additional information as needed to perfect the bank's position and reflect the terms of the credit approval. Take appropriate action on any issues that arise to meet the requested document due date.
- Prepare loan documents based on knowledge of loan type and of bank and department policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Determine whether standard language can be used or if assistance from the Legal Department is required for the preparation of Supplemental Term Letters and Credit Agreements.
- Audit loan documents (prior to execution by borrower) for adequacy and determine missing, incomplete or incorrect information required by the bank, Federal and State regulations to maintain quality controls. Identify, follow up, and/or escalate exception conditionals to Loan Administration Manager, Credit Manager, Credit Team Leader, Underwriter, or Administrative Manager, as appropriate.
- Audit all loan documents (after execution by borrower) to verify that the documents have been returned, signed, dated, and initiated properly. Ensure that any missing or altered documents are listed on the waiver report, and that proper approval for boarding with deficiencies has been obtained. Follow up on missing documents. Obtain necessary waivers before boarding a loan with exceptions
- Obtain insurance documentation for new loans when required. Ensure that insurance coverage complies with established Bank standards.
- Set up and ensure that all shadow legal files are kept current and in accordance with filing standards and naming convention. Ensure all files are tracked and recorded/maintained in the tracking system
- Ensure requests for loan servicing/maintenance are processed in a timely manner (e.g., pay downs, advances, etc.)
- Provides on-going support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties
- Perform loan closure process.
- Follows up on Monthly documentation and servicing exception reports in a timely manner.
- Duties may include file room maintenance (e.g., archiving, filing, updating, File Tracker, etc.)
- Three to five years of loan documentation experience; specifically commercial loans and commercial real estate documentation.
- Prepare complex documents in conformity with established policies.
- Utilizes independent judgment under general supervision of Loan Documentation or Production Manager.
- May interact with clients, legal counsel, title companies, escrow companies, insurance agencies, government agencies, and other outside lending institutions to obtain information and/or request documents.
- Considerable knowledge of the job and the practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Knowledge of general banking operations sufficient to understand the loan function and knowledge of Federal and State loan documentation regulation is required.
- Limited supervision.
- No instructions needed on routine work.
- General instructions given on new lines of work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- *Three years of experience in commercial and/or real estate documentation
- *Three years of experience in a commercial bank or other financial institution
- *Four years of basic computer experience required (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel , Outlook, and Powerpoint
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.