Lead Production SupportStart Application Job ID BATS-8160 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
As a part of the Software Development team, the Production Support Lead is responsible for leading a team of engineers in the maintenance, implementation and administration of custom software applications, 3rd party middleware tools, and DevOps tools. Collaborates closely with both internal and external teams to ensure the sound delivery of innovative financial applications.
- Lead Production Support activities by troubleshooting critical issues, addressing application service interruptions and vendor outages while identifying process improvements.
- Lead application upgrade projects by applying hot fixes and version releases on a regular basis.
- Lead process development and oversight of code migrations between Dev, QA and Production environments ensuring code and job scheduling is sound and complete.
- Define and establish processes for performing routine system health checks to ensure optimization and stability of application and code.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to team members related to implementations, job scheduling, and troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain thorough business knowledge of financial applications related to Treasury Management.
- Create, enhance, and maintain support processes and technical documentation.
- Execute and/or escalate problem management procedures as necessary.
- Perform operational fixes related to code.
- Perform code reviews to ensure technology, exception handling, company best practices and processes are followed.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises pertaining to processes.
- Ability to be on call and provide off-hours support.
- Work with management to define and create methods for collecting and reporting on metrics related to SLAs.
- Engage with system owners and operations groups to define and ensure appropriate monitoring of system.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
- *Minimum 7 years of experience with working with and supporting custom applications written in .Net.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience working with and supporting relational databases.
- *Minimum 3 years of work experience as a team lead.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an production support role
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in banking or financial services environment preferred
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, adaptability, and time-management skills preferred.
- Experience working with BizTalk or similar product is a plus.
- Experience with automated builds and continuous integration a plus.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.