Lead Network EngineerStart Application Job ID BATS-8290 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5, On-call and weekend activities
The successful candidate will be responsible for network design and operations support activities, such as maintenance and installation of routers, switches, access points, wireless LAN controllers and third party applications hardware and software. The successful candidate will also lead major projects and be a source of reference for other network engineers and will participate in an on-call rotation.
- Build and Implement Diverse Wide Area Networking Environments
- Build and implement QoS for a voice / video / data network environment.
- Deploy diverse WAN environments using multi-carrier solutions
- Develops and generates conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture
- Provide operational support services for various WAN technologies.
- Act as the lead engineer for the team, providing high level of expertise for the team.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software.
- Develop, Design, and Support Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (EIGRP & BGP), IPv4
- Develop, Design, and Support Enterprise WIFI solutions. (Meraki, Aruba, Cisco)
- Perform Network Engineering and Architecture Duties for a distributed Wide Area Networking environment (IWAN)
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
- *Bachelor's Degree.
- *Minimum 8 years in a network engineer role.
- *Minimum 5 years in managing complex network environments -- More than 30 sites, 300 network equipment and redundant Data Center serving 1000+ employees
Skills and Knowledge:
- Senior engineer level, carrier based experience in designing and implementing enterprise level networks, and data center network environments
- Expert level knowledge of BGP routing, QOS and other WAN based technologies
- Cisco switching and routing both customer and data center class (Nexus, ASR, ISRs) etc.
- CCNP level routing/switching.
- Experience with LAN to include wireless as well as centralized content delivery services would be an added benefit
- 10+ years of Network Integration Experience
- Demonstrated experience with Layer 2, 3 and 4 networking - Advanced knowledge and experience with EIGRP and BGP routing protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Data Center architecture (Nexus, SDN, High Availability, Security)
- Knowledge of Security products and HW based Firewalls
- Experience as a lead engineer a plus
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.