Lead Cloud EngineerJob ID TI-12842 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Cloud Engineer (CE) is responsible for the operationalization and governance around the public cloud infrastructure of City National Bank. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is passionate about DevOps and eager to learn emerging technologies and trends. As a member of the Cloud Enablement team, the CE will collaborate with others to design, document, implement, operate and cross train on a variety of solutions to manage City National Bank's cloud platform. The CE will also lead efforts around establishing baseline system performance, capacity planning and forecasting, as well as improving process efficiency. The CE will play a key role in production support to ensure maximum uptime of City National Bank's cloud platform.
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
- Cost reporting and capacity management of cloud services.
- Design mechanisms for alerts and responses to identify and address reliability risks.
- Enable and support DevSecOps/SRE teams to monitor availability, latency and overall system health.
- Implement security (CIS, NIST) governance to ensure compliance of infrastructure, applications and access.
- Collaborate on all aspects of infrastructure technology including, but not limited to the servers, network, storage, database, and application as required.
- Establish and maintain relationship with vendors, peers and colleagues across the organization, and constantly communicate of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- Take a creative solutioning approach to problem solving and debugging to resolve system related issues.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- Open minded team player, flexible and respectful to colleagues
- Contributes in creation of standards and roadmap for private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure. This includes development of technology and practical implementation for next 1-3 years
- Primary focus to minimizes infrastructure complexity, improve operation efficiency and system security, availability and performance
- Ability to lead from behind, influence the usage of cloud technology by demonstrating side by side comparison of cloud technology costs and TCO
- Develop and enforce automated governance to ensure effective and efficient use of infrastructure and applications
- Own the relationship with City National Bank colleagues and vendors.
- Ensure proposed designs will integrate with all system components and meets the delivery and capacity requirements for the City National Bank business units, while actively advocate the application cloud practices and modern engineering design standards.
- Stay abreast of new technologies as applicable to the City National Bank infrastructure environment
- Perform cross training and mentorship to other engineers on emerging technologies
- Adept at open/inner sourcing practices
- Influences vendors in product/service designs
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years working in an Infrastructure Engineering and/or Operations role
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing cloud solutions
- Minimum 3 years of development or scripting experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced with managing any cloud provider, Azure preferred
- Experienced with Azure AD, IAM and RBAC
- Experienced with Azure Policy, Log Analytics, Azure Monitor is a plus
- Experienced with Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Experienced working with SDLC (CI/CD) and DevOps groups
- Experienced with scripting(PowerShell, Python) and/or Kusto Query Language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
- Manage vendor relationships and with internal teams
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Basic understanding of automation and provisioning tools (Terraform, Chef)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.