IT Program ManagerJob ID BATS-11625 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
This position is responsible for the planning, implementation and successful delivery of large strategic IT initiatives, programs and projects, leading project teams that are each responsible for elements therein. This includes architecting program or project structures, plans to enable fulfillment an articulated business or IT strategy and managing large project budgets.
Program elements may include areas such as organization structure, processes, operational support and technology. Role will be instrumental in driving and tracking program activities, negotiating changes in plans and effective communication with all stakeholders and senior management. Success of program outcomes will be measured by the implementation and fulfillment of a strategy and realization of program's defined benefits and results.
- Establish and drive delivery of program plan objectives, coordinating activities across multiple departments and projects to achieve program goals.
- Define and establish program and governance structures to support successful delivery and manage program risk
- Manage large complex programs and projects as needs dictate
- Reviews and approves project plans for conformance to program strategy, program plan and schedule.
- Leads and facilitates high-level meetings for program plan requirements and to develop schedules and milestone measurements.
- Accountable to program stakeholders and senior management for schedule, budget, quality and outcome of all program elements.
- Communication liaison with key stakeholders, coordinating and holding periodic briefings/status updates.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a matrixed Program & Project Team.
- Adhere to CNB IT Project Management Guidelines and delivery methodologies when applicable
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures and completes all required training.
- *Bachelor's Degree
- *Minimum 14 years in a technical project and/or program management role.
- *Minimum 8 years banking/financial services and/or technology industry experience.
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge
- Must have 10 years of experience managing complex programs/projects involving a large team with multi-department impact.
- PMP or Master's Degree preferred.
- Must have strong business savvy with good diplomacy skills in order to influence and be effective with senior executives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and negotiation skills.
- At least five years of experience working at a large complex commercial financial institution.
- Scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and exercise solid judgement
- Must be extremely knowledgeable with bank-wide strategic plans and direction.
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of project methodology, various project management tools and techniques across all program and project activities
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation and/or support of applications and/or infrastructure environments within a technology organization a plus
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled