Info Security Analyst IVStart Application Job ID BATS-8281 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is an expert in the tactics, tools and procedures used by cyber threat actors. The analyst will leverage analytic frameworks, tools, and methodologies to identify new cyber security threats and will inform Information Security and IT stakeholders with actionable information to counter these threats. The analyst will source intelligence information from a variety of sources: technical data, internal events and incidents, external threat sources and open source research. The analyst will respond to business, IT and security priorities with analytic products and research to meet priority intelligence requirements. During crisis and incident response, the analyst will be a key contributor of expertise, research and reporting to support investigations, forensics and recovery.
- Differentiate, collect, and evaluate technical and open source data to produce threat intelligence information.
- Identify credible, new intelligence and subject matter resources relative to current/emerging threats.
- Analyze reports to understand threat campaign techniques and lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
- Manage and maintain threat intelligence platforms and feeds.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards
- Identify cyber threats within a large corporate or organizational network.
- Use leading data and threat intelligence solutions to detect and prevent cyber fraud in the company's network and in web facing systems and environments.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Maintain contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies
- Assess internal architecture for application and system vulnerabilities on a periodic basis
- *Minimum 3 years of experience working in Information Security
- *Minimum 2 years of experience as a cyber threat intelligence analyst for financial sector, government entity or other large organization
- Security related certifications (such as SANS GIAC, GCIH, GSEC, CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.) a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of data and network security technologies, including in depth knowledge threat intelligence platforms and solutions.
- Strong understanding of cyber intelligence analysis fundamentals, including handling of IOCs, analytic frameworks, intelligence requirements and both technical and operational intelligence reporting
- In depth knowledge of leading SIEM technologies and strategies.
- In depth understanding and usage of network and application security testing and vulnerability assessment technologies.
- Prior Penetration Testing or Red Team experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working within prescribed deadlines.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.