HR Business Partner ManagerStart Application Job ID HR-8280 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday
The Human Resources Business Partner Manager serves as a strategic business partner for assigned client group(s). This position provides functional expertise, leadership, support, and guidance to executive management to build people capability in support of business goals and objectives. Acting independently and/or in partnership with HR specialists, directs and administers HR programs which may include recruiting, colleague relations and communication, coaching and counseling, training, benefits, compensation, talent planning and succession, leadership and colleague development, performance management, and diversity.
- *Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- *Minimum 10 years of human resources generalist experience or a combination of 10 years of employee relations, human resources generalist or other human resources specialization or human resources consulting experience
- *Minimum 5 years of human resources experience in Banking or Financial Services
- Demonstrated employee relations skills including conducting and documenting investigations and coaching and counseling colleague and managers
- Ability to act objectively while coaching colleagues and management through issues that are complex, difficult, or emotional in nature
- Thorough knowledge of federal and California employment laws
- Knowledge of all HR functional areas including colleague relations, recruitment and retention, compensation and benefits administration, performance management processes, career and organizational development
- Must have consultative, influencing, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues and use judgment that is consistent with the bank's standards, policies, practices or with regulations and laws
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance
- Ability to independently interact and build relationships with all levels of management is imperative, including executive management
- Must be an effective team player able to work across multiple functions and disciplines and possess strong collaboration skills to manage issues across functions across functions and with business leadership and peers
- Ability to travel to different work locations
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
*LI-KK1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled