HEAD OF PAYMENTS PRODUCT MANAGEMENT - EXACTUALS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a Head of Payments Product Management, you will lead a team to drive and execute the product vision and roadmap for the company’s core payments offerings. Your performance will be measured on the growth of our payments business, as a result of customer experience, scalable distribution, product performance, and market fit. This leadership role requires deep understanding of payments, payables, software as a service, customer needs, market drivers, technology trends, and regulatory landscape. Strong experience with various payment methods is preferred: ACH, IACH, Wire, SWIFT, GPI, Card, and other upcoming technologies.
You must be able to lead and develop a team of product managers, and exhibit the understanding that products succeed through teamwork and customer insights. You will lead the team through product delivery, design transformations, data-driven decisions, and goal-based roadmaps. You should be hands-on as needed, and even perform as Product Owner for a Scrum Team – if the team and situation require.
The Head of Payments Product Management will establish a leadership presence and gain the respect of executives and team members, in order to define and then deliver on innovative and disruptive product offerings.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small "start up" group within a larger organization. Exactuals colleagues work hard to support one another in the mission to modernize the payment space, primarily for the entertainment industry, while enjoying the journey together. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Own the payments product roadmap and motivate the team to execute with a compelling customer experience
- Monitor team performance, track and manage team KPIs, and clear gaps causing performance or technical blockers
- Define and manage operating mechanism for the Payments Product Team
- Define business objectives and customer needs, and demonstrate and understanding of the customer benefit your product provides and the specific customer problems it is solving
- Lead and optimize competitive analysis, market research, product metrics, and data driven analysis to define pain points and market opportunities
- Exhibit a mastery of the regulatory and compliance landscape, and define compliant and innovative solutions which positively enhance the customer’s journey
- Establish and nurture a strong relationship with customers, conduct customer interviews, create and use personas, and stay aware of market trends and technology developments to define and explain market insights and upcoming opportunities
- Track unit economics and share responsibility for both revenue and expense metrics; define and successfully sell-in initiatives impacting our top and bottom lines
- Team with partners and vendors to improve product distribution (reach) and experience delivery
- Either directly or through other product managers, be responsible for a product backlog, stories, refinement, prioritization, and delivery timelines
- Drive product performance measurement, and report KPIs regularly with observed insights
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to gain insights into customer behavior, leading to recommendations for increased revenue, adoption, engagement and retention
- Create and drive user education and product documentation options for internal and external users
- Conduct usability studies and A/B testing, initiate and write business cases, ROI analyses, buy vs build analysis, and make recommendations leading increased product engagement and performance
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 11 years experience in a market facing Product Management role.
- Minimum 7 years prior experience in Agile development combined with team leadership.
Skills and Knowledge
- MBA preferred
- Experience in one or more areas: Music industry, Insurance, Film/TV, Oil and Gas, Payments/FinTech, Business Intelligence, SaaS Enterprise software platform, Application Programming Interface (“API’s”) and/or Platform as a Service (“PaaS”)
- Strong Market knowledge or Technical background preferred
- A mastery of product management and Agile product development.
- A mastery of market and customer insights.
- A passion and empathy for the user and customer.
- An ability to design compelling and innovative product experiences.
- Ability to identify issues and needs, recommend solutions for opportunities, and diligently pursue a plan.
- Ability to recognize changing needs adapt a plan when appropriate.
- Natural leadership instincts with a positive team building approach.
- Ability to successfully team with engineers and foster a positive, empowering environment.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies. City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vacinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled