BIS - FINANCIAL SERVICES OPERATIONS ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Banking and Investment Services Financial Services Analyst role is designed to develop the technical skills, business acumen, and financial services introduction for new or recent college graduates, or experienced high-performing colleagues with financial services backgrounds. The role will provide you with the ability to gain specific and practical experience to learn, contribute, and integrate within City National Bank.Specific roles will include, but not limited to:• Trading and service support for Investment Management advisors and clients covering our Entertainment Bank, Personal and Business Banking, and Private Banking Clients• Trading and service support for our Specialty Finance, Interest Rate, FX, and Supply Chain businesses• Transaction and processing support across all payment platforms offered through City National Bank, including Zelle, Wires, Checks, ACH, Real Time Payments, Debit Card, Credit Card, and Bill Pay• Client Onboarding, Client Maintenance, Client Statements• Fraud, Risk, and Control coverage across all of our businesses and processes with an interface to internal audit and second line of defenseSpecific experience and knowledge will be gained in:• Cross-asset and cross-product investments• Management of real time risk, reporting, and escalation• High Profile and High Net Worth Client and Advisor service• Data driven approach to safety, soundness, planning, and forecasting• Future technologies, and change management practice to implementation
Banking and Investment Services Division
Banking and Investment Services plays an integral role in leading the strategic vision and execution of all banking operations. Our servicing and operations professionals partner closely with all of our lines of business to carry out critical functions, including client/deposit servicing, contact center operations, payments processing, and trade and lending operations, while identifying and mitigating risk throughout the organization. Servicing and operations professionals seek to transform and define an integrated support model through automation and cutting-edge digital technologies, to deliver an excellent experience for our clients and businesses.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Gains industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments while working closely with key company stakeholders
- Ability to perform both independently, as well as part of a team
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask
- Works cross-functionally on short and long-term projects and initiatives focused on growth and efficiency
- Develops business, financial and analytical skills needed for career at CNB
- Understands B&IS and CNB’s culture and strategy and the overall vision of the bank
- Gains knowledge of banking systems and processes, risk management principles, framework and internal controls
- Utilizes knowledge and learned skills to identify opportunities to improve processes, tackle complex projects, provide innovative business solutions and recommendations
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or one year of relevant financial services industry experience
- 1 year experience in MS office applications
Skills and Knowledge
- Career interest in banking preferred.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to lead projects and build relationships
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, as well as confidence to “speak up” with poise to deal with challenging situations.
- Must be proficient in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills with strong business acumen.
Starting base salary: $22.81 - $27.88 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled