ENTERPRISE DATA SENIOR ARCHITECT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Enterprise Data Senior Architect (DA) is a key role responsible for developing the Enterprise Data Ecosystem. The DA is charged with establishing the consistency, timeliness, quality, security and delivery of data by designing and streamlining the data flows and remove unnecessary costs from the complex, fragmented, heterogeneous data architecture that is found in most large enterprises. The DA focuses on data that moves through the enterprise, and must coordinate work with these groups and other stakeholders. The DA will provide overall leadership for driving the project towards the overarching data architecture vision
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Data Architecture
- Responsible for overall architecture of the Enterprise Data environment its design, performance, availability, and success
- Drive the creation of the solution architecture including Integration architecture of the Enterprise Data platform
- Develop, document and maintain logical and Physical modelling practises and standard
- Determine data model design, data pipeline, data security design and Execute on the same
- Ensure a focus on data management capabilities which include data quality, metadata management, data security, data modeling, Data Integration and others.
- Translate business and data requirements into technical terms, propose and recommend technical solutions
- Coach and guide data modeler, data analyst, developer and testers on the Enterprise implementation
- Evaluate technical deliverables from the team and provide improvements and corrections
- Define technical standards and guidelines
- Communicating the impacts of data architecture: This must be directed to a range of stakeholders — the development community, IT operations, IT management at all levels, developers and business people.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Data architect
- 5+ years' experience in data analysis preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- 5+ Years of experience in Data Analysis
Skills and Knowledge
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
City National Bank requires all colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site at any of our locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled