Enterprise Architect IIJob ID BATS-11687 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Enterprise Architect II is responsible for setting technology direction within the Core Banking domain across the organization to ensure project and program architectures align to the enterprise vision. Develops, maintains, and enhances system architectures and acts as a technical consultant within project teams for Core Banking. Influences business and IT to maintain adherence to enterprise and domain level roadmaps. Collaborates with colleagues across CNB to understand user requirements, evaluate technologies, and recommend solution options that enhance the overall technology landscape. Participates in defining, enforcing, and evangelizing enterprise and domain level technology standards, principles, and practices that support CNB's technology vision. Works with business and IT resources to develop technology roadmaps at the business unit level, and assists in developing strategy and technology roadmaps at the enterprise level.
- Prepares and consults on system architecture utilizing existing design patterns to develop future state technology solutions and roadmaps for Core Banking systems (i.e. FIS, SEI, NFS, TSYS, MTS, AFS, Swift, etc.).
- Drive delivery of architecture conceptual design based on business objectives, capabilities, requirements, and use cases.
- Working collaboratively with teams across CNB, identifies, rationalizes, and solidifies solution design requirements.
- Drive delivery of architectural approach and direction based on business objectives, capabilities, requirements, and use cases.
- Builds reference architectures and drives architectural alignment across the enterprise.
- Establishes design patterns and evangelizes best practices for solution design and development.
- Drive technology evaluations from RFP to product selection.
- Work with business and technology executives to identify current and future capabilities delivering technology roadmaps to drive the end-state architectural vision.
- Participates in the establishment of architecture and development standards formally presenting them through the Architecture Review Board.
- Assists in managing risk within the organization through establishing reusable frameworks, processes, and methodologies.
- Being an ambassador of Enterprise Architecture supports the vision, principles, and goals of the EA organization.
- Develops executive presentations, solutions design documentation, and point of view technology white papers formally presenting them to executives, management, and employees throughout the company.
- Develop strong business relationships with other IT departments.
- Represents the bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Maintains contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- *Bachelors' degree required.
- *Minimum of 2-4 years Core Banking systems experience
- *Minimum of 5+ years' experience in the banking industry
- *Minimum of 7 years of experience in enterprise integration design, development, and implementation
- *Minimum of 7 years of experience in Microsoft .NET platform development or Java/Linux development
- *Minimum of 3 years enterprise in an enterprise solution architect role
- *Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in leadership roles either as a direct manager or matrix manager leading technical resources
- *Minimum of 2 years' cloud implementation experience (Azure and/or AWS)
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Large-scale enterprise implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premise) platforms
- Direct knowledge of Core Banking SaaS solutions (i.e. FIS, SEI, NFS, TSYS, MTS, AFS, Swift, etc.)
- Deep understanding of application architecture, cloud architectures, integration architecture, and security design patterns and best practices.
- Prior working knowledge and understanding of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, iPaaS, mBaaS, and DaaS
- Understanding of legacy architectures such as mainframe, midrange, com+, etc., and how to integrate with them.
- Prior experience in the process of application rationalization
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Enterprise experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- More than 10 years of experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in a customer-facing environment.
- TOGAF certification and Zachman framework knowledge preferred.