EDM Big Data AdministratorJob ID BATS-11532 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Enterprise Big Data Administrator is a key role responsible for developing, administering and supporting the management and operations of an Enterprise Big data platform for City National Bank. This position will be responsible for installing and maintaining the Hadoop infrastructure, interacting with internal teams along with vendors to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve problems within the Hadoop Ecosystem and integration points. This position will also work closely with business teams to ensure business applications are performing within agreed service levels. CNB is consolidating its big data platform on the Oracle Big Data Appliance.
- Responsible for administration of the Big Data platform including the areas of back up, configuration, performance tuning, security and promoting code
- Install, Configure, and apply patch updates
- Installing and configuring additional big data parcels like Informatica etc.
- Partner with key roles (e.g. application analysts, data integration team, database administrators team, infrastructure team, and business constituents to maintain a robust and sustainable big data platform system
- System recovery in the event of system failures
- Implement and manage various environments including failover for BCP and DR
- Maintain best practices for maintaining Hadoop in production
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, tuning and solving Hadoop issues including HDFS, YARN, Hive, Impala and Spark
- Work with vendor support teams to triage issues
Big Data Development
- Provide expertise in architecting, designing and implementing Big Data solutions
- Interface with business and IT stakeholders to identify issues and develop solutions
- Responsible for full cycle development of Big Data solutions including architecting data staging , data movement , data streaming using technologies like Hive QL , Spark , Flume etc.
- Perform code reviews on big data components
- Code deployment across environments
- Document and communicate technical architectures, standards best practices, toolsets and solutions
- Responsible for standards across all the SDLC phases
- Ensures solutions developed adhere to security and data privacy polices
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detail design
- Define best practices and standards
- Maintain clear documentation to help increase overall productivity
Big Data as a service
- Investigate and prove concepts as Big Data technologies evolves
- Test prototypes and oversee operational processes
- Support ad-hoc requests as requested by management and business partners
- *3-5 years of hands-on experience with Big Data (Hadoop) .
- *3-5 years' experience in data analysis, data development preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- *3-5 years' experience in Information technology development across all phases of the SDLC process in the data space
Skills and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Cloudera on Oracle Big Data Appliance, preferred
- Experience working in a data-intensive financial services organization, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master's Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Experience in administering high performance and large Hadoop clusters -- preferably Cloudera on Oracle Big Data Appliance
- Experience with Kerberos Hadoop clusters
- Experience managing and developing utilizing open source technologies and libraries
- Experience with HiveQL and Spark
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies
- Hands on experience with Linux administration and shell scripting
- Familiarity with version control, job scheduling and configuration management tools
- Ability to lead and take ownership of projects
- Some programing experience (Java, Python etc.)
- Good oral and written communication and presentations skills with the ability to lead meetings effectively
- Experience in SDLC Process
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.