Document Administrator IIStart Application Job ID CRDT-8282 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptNon-Exempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Responsible for the preparation of loan documents for commercial real estate and/or commercial construction loans, including new real estate construction. Obtain and review all necessary loan information to prepare adequate loan documents and takes appropriate action on any issues. Acts as liaison with internal and external sources coordinating loan analysis meetings, working with title and escrow companies as well as internal and external legal sources. Coordinates loan closing, ensuring that all loan documents are properly executed.
This second level will handle documentation for moderately complex to complex real estate loans. Utilizes independent judgment and performs assigned duties under minimal supervision. Analyzes moderately complex to complex real estate loans and resolves related problems. Works independently with minimal guideance from Manager or Assistant Manager. Obtains assistance from Manager to complete very complex or unusual real estate loan documents. Three to five years experience in documenting commercial and/or construction loans, including new real estate construction, with a commercial bank or other financial institution required. Knowledge of real estate terminology and documents required, including familiarity with mini-perm loans, commercial loan transactions, and the documentation related to the perfection and retention of collateral (e.g. real estate, Security Agreement and UCC filings, etc.). Knowledge of California and Federal loan documentation regulations required. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Obtain and review all necessary loan information to prepare appropriate loan documents, including credit approvals, appraisals, borrowing authority documentation, contracts, CC&Rs, leases, permanent commitments, title information, request for demand, project budget and loan cost breakdown, release price schedule, and any additional information as needed to perfect the bank's position and reflect the terms of the credit approval. Take appropriate action on any issues that arise to meet the requested document due date.
- Coordinate loan analysis meetings in accordance with established procedures, scheduling all required parties within 24 hours of receipt of an approved RELAR/PCMF and credit memo or within a reasonable amount of time upon receipt of a draft RELAR/PCMF and credit memo.
- Prepare real estate loan documents (i.e., loan agreements, financing statements, notes, trust deeds, disclosure statements, etc.) based on knowledge of loan type and of bank and department policies and procedures. Participate in loan document negotiation with the borrower and relationship manager. Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Work with the Legal Department or outside counsel when appropriate to coordinate the preparation of real estate documents or to obtain specific legal language as needed. Determine whether standard documents can be used, or if assistance from the Legal Department is required in the document preparation. Analyzes the organizational documents (i.e., partnership agreements, trust agreements, etc.).
- Communicate with title officers to ensure that all title issues are satisfied and the loan is properly recorded and funded within established time frames.
- Facilitate loan closing, ensuring that all loan documents are properly executed; comprehensive recording instructions to title company are prepared and delivery is verified; loan is recorded, booked and funded accurately and expeditiously. Establish reserve accounts and verify information is reflected in the loan documents and on the cost breakdown.
- Review existing loan file for uncleared audit exceptions and prior to Loan Analysis Meeting.
- Acts as liaison to other departments within the Bank to resolve questions pertaining to documentation; may contact customers or their professional representatives for responses to documentation or collateral questions as directed by supervisor or requested by Relationship Managers.
- Reviews all completed documents to ensure that documents were signed by the borrower(s) and approved by the loan officers as appropriate; ensures completed loan documents are distributed within time completion guidelines.
- Maintains current knowledge of real estate loan documentation through continued enrollment in Bank and other-provider courses related, but not limited to, computer-based lending, and the Community Reinvestment Act; remains abreast of additions and changes to federal and state legislation related to both commercial and real estate lending; keeps abreast of the climate of real estate and general business markets.
- Updates and maintains Department Documentation Manuals.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Coordinate with SAD Officers and other Bank departments to transfer, board, and process accounts
- Respond to questions or inquiries from SAD Officers, Bank colleagues, and clients; provide dda research through IBS, AFS and/or Metavante systems.
- Print duplicate deposit and/or bank statements when requested by clients. Process payments, paid or closed loans, and incoming and outgoing loan transfers.
- Monitor, prepare and review reports, i.e., Collection Assistance Report ("CAR"), Overdraft Reports, etc. Ensure that all discrepancies are resolved or escalated to Operations Manager, if necessary.
- Ensure integrity of data contained in all database platforms used internally to effectively monitor regulatory compliance. Perform an accurate and thorough review of all files and reports.
- Maintain the vault and send files to offsite storage. Maintain records for future retrieval.
- Assist with operational audits by collecting and organizing files. Prepare reports for internal and external review and distribution.
- Provides ongoing support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties
- *3 years of experience in real estate documentation
- *3 years of experience in financial services, preferably in bank operations
- *4 experience in using Bank software and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and documents required, including familiarity with mini-perm loans, commercial loan transactions, and the documentation related to the perfection and retention of collateral (e.g. real estate, Security Agreement and UCC filings, etc.). Knowledge of California and Federal loan documentation regulations required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled