Division Risk ManagerStart Application Job ID BIS-7067 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 8-5
Reporting to the division executive, this position is responsible for the development, recommendation, implementation results tracking and reporting of City National Bank's risk management programs within their Division to ensure limited risk exposure. Leads and executes the risk assessment programs including identification of key risks and their mitigating controls. Provides risk expertise while working with the business and other 2nd line risk partners (to include Operational Risk, Business Continuity, IT Risk, Vendor Risk, Corp. Security, Compliance, etc.) to assess risk exposures and control adequacy. The Division Risk Manager is also responsible for the continued maturation and improvement of the risk management practices and execution of these practices within their Division.
*Minimum 5 years of operational experience, with at least 5 years of experience in the financial services sector
*Minimum 5 years of experience in risk management or compliance in a banking or lending environment
*Minimum 3 years' experience in a Project Management or leadership role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Prefer 7+ years in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of risk management practices
- Sound knowledge of project management practices
- Business maturity level and skill/judgment to be able to deal effectively with leadership team members within the Division as well as enterprise wide as required
- Effective presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to impact and influence all levels in the organization
- Solid problem solving, analytical (including qualitative analysis), research, and quantitative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Product Suite, SharePoint
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.