Digital Technologies - DevOps Release Team LeadStart Application Job ID BATS-9770 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
As a part of the Digital Technologies Department, the DevOps / Release Engineer ("DRE") Lead will be focused on DevOps and Production Operations and Release Management. DRE is responsible for the maintenance, implementation and administration of custom software applications, 3rd party systems, middleware platforms, and DevOps tools. Collaborates closely with both internal and external teams to ensure the sound delivery of innovative applications and services.
- Execute / Define DevOps process and oversight of automated and manual migrations between Dev, QA and Production environments ensuring code and scheduling is sound and complete.
- Work with Agile development teams to implement code and procedures around CI/CD, DevOps, Monitoring, and other systems and support concerns as needed.
- Define and establish monitoring and other processes and tooling for monitoring and performing routine system health checks to ensure optimization and stability of application and code.
- Perform technical support activities by troubleshooting critical issues, addressing application service interruptions and vendor outages while identifying process improvements.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to team members related to DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, implementations, job scheduling, and troubleshooting.
- Create, enhance, and maintain manual and automated support processes and technical documentation.
- Execute and/or escalate problem management procedures as necessary.
- Perform operational fixes related to code or other systems.
- Perform code reviews to ensure best practices and processes are followed.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercises pertaining to processes.
- Ability to be on call and provide off-hours support.
- Work with management to define and create methods for collecting and reporting on metrics related to SLAs.
- Engage with system owners and operations groups to define and ensure appropriate monitoring of system.
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design.
- Provide proof of concept
- Write system documentation and architecture diagrams
- Expert in 3rd level support
- Research technologies for Digital Technologies
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions
- Make security recommendations
- Gather requirements and contribute to technology strategy
- Work closely with Information Security and project managers to deliver solutions on timelines
- Manage client expectations
- Mentor other systems engineers through leadership and cross training.
- Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision
- Provides first level guidance and directions to other DRE team members.
- Plans work for others to meet project deadlines; sets priorities to accommodate needs of users.
- Conducts feasibility studies on strategic and tactical plans.
- Performs complex technical analysis of software, hardware, and infrastructure components.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate team leaders, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels.
*Minimum 5 years leading a DevOps / Release team focused on Web, Mobile, and API delivery
*Minimum 12 years of experience with building and/or supporting custom applications written in .Net and Java
*Minimum 8 years of system administration / support experience with Windows and Linux server operating systems.
*Minimum 8 years experience working in a DevOps or Release Engineer role within a software development organization.
*Minimum 4 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required.
*Minimum 4 years of experience working with and supporting relational Databases.*Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Systems Architect capacity required
- Expert knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS/Azure)
- Expert knowledge of container technologies (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Expert understanding of monitoring and logging architecture and technologies
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management Architecture and technologies (SAML, OAuth, Active Directory, etc.)
- Strong understanding of network architecture and troubleshooting
- Minimum 8 years hands-on experience in an DevOps / production operations role
- Minimum 8 years hands-on experience building and supporting CI/CD with automation tools such as Chef, Bamboo, Maven, along with .Net and Java unit and integration test frameworks
- Minimum of 4 years development and scripting experience using C#, Java, Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience supporting Windows and Linux applications deployed in cloud (AWS/Azure).
- Ability to conduct feasibility studies on strategic and tactical plans.
- Perform technical analysis of software, hardware, and other technology components.
- Applies strong leadership skills that can energize work teams to respond to business needs.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels.
- Ability to lead projects and educate subordinates on project planning methodology.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.