Database Administrator IVJob ID BATS-11529 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
- Implement Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS on Azure.
- Migrate databases from physical servers and VMs to Azure.
- Work with developers to assist in overall database design, tuning queries, assigning proper indexes, creating triggers and stored procedures.
- Install and upgrade SQL servers / clusters, monitoring database server health, tuning for optimal performance, ensuring proper use of storage and space requirements, ensuring backup and recovery, and managing database security.
- Provide a high degree of coordination between Bank colleagues, technical staff, and application developers to ensure effective data management.
- Operate with substantial latitude for independent action and requires an individual who is capable of decision-making, and establishing and enforcing SQL Best Practices standards relating to database management.
- *Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- *Minimum 5 years' of SQL DBA experience
- *Minimum 3 years' working as an Azure DBA
- *Minimum 1 year recent hands-on MS SQL Server 2016/2017 environment DBA experience
- Strong Transact SQL development skills
- Experience with Cosmos DB, blobs, and other Storage solutions is a plus
- Significant experience in implementing and managing MS SQL Server 2016, MS SQL Server 2017 High Availability (HA) options such as Always-On, Distributed Availability groups, Failover Cluster, Log Shipping, Replication required
- Good understanding of MS Windows operating system and general understanding of network architecture
- Demonstrated experience with tools like RedGate and other automation/versioning tools
- Experience with Oracle databases a plus; experience with LINUX operating systems a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal, and written communications skills
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.