DATA ANALYST SENIOR META DATA/DATA LINEAGE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Data Analyst works within the Data Management function to execute a successful enterprise-wide program for identifying critical data elements (CDEs), documenting related metadata and data lineage and assessing effectiveness of controls along the CDE's data lineage. This is accomplished through operationalization of data domains, data standards, policy and IT automation tools. The position will collaborate and partner with constituents across the department and broadly with application teams, report teams, data domain partners and subject matter experts. The result of which will enhance data quality, data discovery, impact analysis, data lineage optimization and data controls assessments.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank’s financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Collaborates with data domain teams and key report owners to identify critical data elements (CDEs) for their key reports/business processes and ensures application of CDE standards of care: data lineage and data quality
- Collaborates with data domain teams across the enterprise and coordinates with our technology partners to align their metadata (business and technical) content and processes with the enterprise data standards and data architecture
- Leads data lineage curation projects to ensure CDE source to target mappings including transformation logic is documented and delivered in a timely manner to CDE data lineage consumers
- Maintains enterprise business glossary (Informatica Axon) for integrating enterprise metadata (business and technical) across business glossary, data asset catalogue (Informatica EDC), physical instance data dictionaries, data controls inventory and key report inventory
- Collaborates with Data stewards, data custodians and report developers to ensure consistent use and maintenance of data definitions, authorized data sources, and calculations. Additionally, enlists business unit support to take ownership and responsibility for consistent definitions and quality of their data
- Ensures data stewards define and maintain: data definitions, descriptions, set values, quality rules, and calculations in the business glossary
- Responsible for maintaining a library of enterprise critical reports with associated reporting metadata
- Produce data governance dashboards on a recurring basis
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Manage certification of data sources: system of records (SORs) and authorized provisioning points (APPs)
- Deliver metadata and/or data lineage and flow services to fulfill enterprise data management policy and procedures
- Oversee the collection of metadata and/or data lineage in alignment with enterprise templates and standards
- Supervise data lineage testing and validation to ensure data lineage is accurate through automated tools and standard controls to ensure data integrity and consistency of data lineage
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members
- Manage the day-to-day activities of cataloging data assets and their semantic mappings
- Extrapolate from enterprise data management tools to use available metadata to further enrich business and technical metadata
- Review and/or define CDE business definitions and other required metadata in partnership with data stewards and data custodians
- Perform maintenance tasks to ensure metadata accuracy and completeness
- Assist in the design, development and enhancement of metadata management tool(s)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 4+ years of experience with providing data governance function and related operations
- 4+ years of project management experience
- 4+ years of consultancy and facilitation skills
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master’s Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Prefer 4 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- Knowledge of information access and delivery methods, analytics applications and tool portfolio, data sourcing and integration methods. Understanding of data warehouse, ETL, data cleansing, and architecture.
- Basic understanding of metadata concepts such as types of metadata, data lineage, data dictionaries and business glossaries
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Highly prefer experience with Informatica Axon, Informatica EDC, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Collibra and ASG. Experience with other enterprise metadata and data linage management tool is preferred
- Ability to translate technology code i.e. SQL to understand the basic movement of data from source to target and supporting data transformation logic
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement.
- Strong critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal/written communication skills and strong project management skills.
- Experience consulting with senior management.
Starting base salary: $100,011 - $125,980 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City:
In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled