Business Unit Data AnalystJob ID TREA-11786 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Business Unit Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the Treasury Management Solutions Division and business users through the analysis of quantitative & qualitative data. This position will participate in the analysis required for the design and development of the enterprise and local data solutions and related reporting structures and interfaces. This role requires the ability to translate business problems into solutions/approaches driven by data analysis, business acumen, creativity, and clear, concise and effective communication.
- Work with Business Users to define and document explicit business requirements for implementing subject areas in the Enterprise Data Warehouse and corresponding reports.
- Perform data analysis by writing complex PL/SQL queries on various source systems and data warehouse to find trends and anomalies in the data in support of the requirements for various strategic and/or tactical projects.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on a particular system and its data, and guide the development activities with assumptions and data dependencies.
- Identify data quality issues and concerns and support the data governance initiative by being involved in various data initiatives.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and data flows within and between various systems and applications.
- May be required to assist in maintaining the data model for both Operational Data Store (ODS) as well as the analytical Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Keeps informed of existing and evolving best practice, industry standards and technologies.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for both internal programs and external licenses and certifications.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business partners to meet expected customer service levels.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- *Minimum 5 years of experience working with Information technologies required.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience as a Data Analyst, preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- *Minimum 3 years working in a client facing business support role.
- Experience in using Tableau, Alteryx, or Snowflake
- Experience in advanced PL/SQL Oracle queries and analysis
- Prior experience in accounting/finance within Financial Services industry
- Must have strong business acumen
- Good knowledge of project management technique
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technologies