Credit Risk Strategy ManagerJob ID MAPS-11713 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-f
The Credit Strategy manager is responsible for defining, seeking appropriate governance approval, testing, validation and monitoring performance of credit risk strategies across the commercial and consumer account life-cycle. This includes underwriting guidelines, credit line management (CLI/CLD), first party fraud, collections, reissue and authorizations for Enterprise Cards covering multiple stakeholders. This individual will report into the Credit Card Risk Manager for Enterprise Cards and define City National Bank's risk appetite and provide interpretive analytics to support deployment of credit risk strategies.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of Credit Management existing account management strategies
- Define City National Bank's credit risk appetite around card products
- Set and maintain underwriting guidelines
- Performs post implementation validation of strategies to ensure proper implementation and timely strategy validation exercises to ensure performance meets expectations
- Enhance test & learn strategy discipline and monthly reviews with senior management to proactively identify Risks and opportunities
- Define and document expected outcome of each strategy
- Be the thought leader in strategy development techniques, champion-challenger design to maximize P&L growth within an established Bank Risk appetite.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure strategies meet requirements and regulatory standards
- Performs functions as stated for Credit Risk Strategy Manger
- Demonstrates governance, control and risk management behaviors in alignment with City National Bank's policies and practices
- Leads/participates in the identification, development and implementation of new initiatives, operating workflow, additional services/applications or operational efficiencies including potentially leading special project teams or cross functional work groups
- Assists with developing and enhancing credit risk assessment capabilities to identify and maintain good business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Performs detailed analysis and interprets information to make recommendations to Senior Management on critical strategies including non-standard and ad-hoc requests as determined by management
- Creates reports on the results and performance of implemented strategies, using all appropriate quantitative methods and MIS, and makes recommendations to increase efficiencies and revenue while managing credit risk and produce those reports on a regular basis
- Effectively works cross-functionally with teams outside of risk
- Works with Internal Audit / External Regulators, to ensure that documentation for all work processes is complete and up-to-date
- Ensures sound credit control by taking a pro-active approach to risk management within the risk guidelines of the Bank.
- Ensures the timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and encourages a good working relationship with other internal and external groups.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- *Bachelor's degree required;
- *7+ years' experience required in consumer and or commercial credit card
- *3+ years' experience handling and leading large analytical enterprise projects
- Graduate degree preferred or dynamic work experience in addition to experience below
- Credit Risk Strategy design experience
- Consumer and/or Commercial Credit Card Experience
- Proven experience in handling and leading large analytical enterprise projects
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and a variety of PC-based analytical and reporting software packages
- Experience with the use of Relational Databases and common programming languages such as SQL or SAS
- Working knowledge of SAS Enterprise Miner, FICO Model Builder
- Prior experience with an adaptive control tool
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Very strong attention to detail with ability to lead a range of tasks and prioritize
- Shown ability to build and maintain productive business/peer relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to Senior Management
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.