Credit Risk Review OfficerJob ID RISK-11489 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
As an internal advisor to line units, this position identifies, recommends and effects process changes regarding credit risk management activities, regulatory statutes, credit policy, and general credit underwriting guidelines; identifies current or potential problems regarding the assessment of credit risk and the administration of Bank credit/loan exposure; analyzes and monitors the quality of various retail and commercial credits that represent the wide range of credit products offered by the Bank. Evaluates Credit Policies/Credit Process and assures that proper credit controls are in place to fully satisfy safety and soundness standards established by Bank regulators; monitors adherence to such polices and validates that exceptions are adequately identified, fully justified and properly approved. May lead credit review examinations, prepare final reports, and conduct overall meetings with Bank departments.
- Performs risk based independent reviews of all types of CNB loan portfolios (including quality assurance document and underwriting reviews) to identify current or potential problems, as well as positive elements, regarding the assessment of credit risk and the administration of Bank credit/loan exposure.
- Determines the accuracy of assigned internal credit risk ratings, non-compliance with CNB policies and procedures, loan weaknesses so that timely corrective actions can be taken, violations of laws and regulations and inadequate credit/collateral documentation.
- Identifies, recommends and effects process changes as related to credit risk management activities, regulatory statutes, credit policy and general credit underwriting guidelines.
- Interprets and evaluates Bank Credit Policy and assures that proper credit controls are in place to appropriately manage credit risk. Monitors adherence to such policies and validates that exceptions are adequately identified, fully justified and properly approved.
- Acts as internal advisor/partner to CNB's line units regarding loan and credit matters and provides guidance in areas that require further development.
- Maintains awareness of the current regulatory/industry trends impacting the Bank's credit areas.
- Promotes teamwork within the department to ensure that knowledge and experience is shared among team members.
- Prepares departmental reports and other portfolio reporting as requested by management.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training and special projects as requested.
- *Bachelor's Degree in finance, economics or accounting
- *Minimum 5 years' of credit examination experience as a commercial lender, regulator or credit review officer
- *Minimum 5 years' of project management experience
- Completion of a formal credit training program at a commercial bank is a plus.
- Previous experience in leading teams of examiners is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of analyzing various types of middle market credits.
- Must be able to work successfully in a client focused, consultative work environment. Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, strong project management skills.
- Strong understanding of analyzing various types of middle market credits.
- Thorough knowledge and operational skills in the use of personal computers and various software packages, including Excel and Word.
- Experience in query and use of credit database and database warehouse information for analysis purposes and to formulate reports is a plus.
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.