Credit Officer LeadJob ID RE-11772 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Real Estate Banking Relationship Managers. Provides credit product expertise in an advisory capacity and ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted. Responsible for evaluating and approving or declining credit requests within their assigned authority in order to ensure that the quality of the portfolios of assigned lending units is consistent with the goals of the Bank. Responsible for creating, maintaining and periodically modifying an inventory of portfolio management reports critical to tracking portfolio metrics consistent with sound portfolio risk management.
- *Minimum 7 years of experience in underwriting medium to large sized and moderately-complex commercial real estate credit required.
- *Minimum 7 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- *Bachelor's degree and/or Credit training is required.
- Highly knowledgeable in commercial credit policies and procedures
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making
- Ability to work well independently and in teams, and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts
Experience in underwriting large and complex commercial real estate credit and consumer loans, which includes analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various types of commercial real estate, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled