Credit Officer II - Private Banking (LA or SF)Start Application Job ID PB-8279 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleMon - Fri, 8a - 5p
We are open to having this position sit in either the Los Angeles or San Francisco office. Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Private Bankers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of credit underwriting experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in underwriting medium size commercial loans which requires technical and creative solutions to structuring moderately complex deals for clients always balancing risk and profitability to the bank. Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns. Loan size may vary from $5 million to $10 million.
- Complete understanding of commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Wide application of credit principles and concepts.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
*LI-NS1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled