Counsel-Corporate Transactions and Corporate GoverJob ID LCAG-11320 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
This position will provide general corporate and transactional support to City National Bank and its wealth management operations. Substantial expertise in corporate transactions is essential as is the ability to work and communicate effectively with management and staff from the lowest to the highest levels. This position will be expected to provide support for corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, general corporate advice and corporate governance matters for the Bank and its wealth management subsidiaries. This position will provide advice in connection with implementation of overall business strategy for the Bank and its wealth management operations. Prior experience advising broker dealers and registered investment advisers on corporate matters is preferred.
- Support critical corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic investments and initiatives.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements covering the scope of the Bank's corporate and commercial activities, including internal reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing agreements, service agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Support corporate governance and administration for the Bank and its subsidiaries, including preparing board of director meeting materials, corporate resolutions, and administering corporate records.
- Support M&A activity including review and evaluate potential acquisition transactions, perform due diligence reviews, structure transactions, negotiate acquisition agreements and ancillary documents, obtain governance and regulatory approvals, and assist with post-closing integration.
- Support wealth management subsidiaries on customer contracting, regulatory compliance, legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external counsel and cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, accounting, corporate development, and compliance/risk to manage corporate transactions and initiatives and develop policies and procedures.
- Assist with special projects, including compliance and regulatory law matters.
- Handle other projects at the direction of the supervising counsel.
- *A JD and active membership in at least one state bar
- *5 years of experience at a major law firm, in-house legal department within financial services or commensurate experience and broad experience supporting all aspects of corporate transactions and providing general corporate advice on a range of matters
- *3 years of experience working with and supporting boards of directors, managing corporate documents, books and records, advising on corporate law matters, and overseeing corporate entity formation and management
- 5-10 years of relevant experience at a major law firm, in-house legal department within financial services or commensurate experience
- 5-10 years of broad experience supporting all aspects of corporate transactions and providing general corporate advice on a range of matters
- 3-5 years of experience working with and supporting boards of directors, managing corporate documents, books and records, advising on corporate law matters, and overseeing corporate entity formation and management
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with management and staff from the lowest to the highest levels.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting and communicating legal strategies and requirements to clients, and in translating both basic and complex legal requirements into written materials and oral presentations.
- Proven leadership with initiative and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.