Consumer/Small Business Officer IJob ID PB-10417 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule Mon - Fri, 8a - 5p
The Private Banking - Consumer/Small Business Credit Officer I is responsible for the end-to-end credit and compliance management process for Private Banking on retail credit products and services (i.e. Credit Cards, Credit Lines, Loans, etc.) for both consumer and small business clients. As the primary liaison between the Relationship Mgr. and CNB's City Loan Center, ensures fast turn around from time of new credit requests and renewals to booking and developing relationships with colleagues.
- Prepares the override recommendation credit decisions for commercial and consumer credit requests, as needed.
- Reports and monitors assigned portfolios using established performance measurement and monitoring tools.
- Reviews loan applications and financial packages for completion, addresses credit or regulatory issues, etc.
- Ensures credit originations, approvals, documentation, booking and fee collection are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintains quality through proactive monitoring and reporting on renewals, credit exceptions, past due documents and past due payments.
- Keeps current and knows the business, including products, policies, guidelines, procedures, and applicable regulatory compliance.
- Executes new processes, procedures and policy changes relating to portfolio management and support.
- Identifies and elevates opportunities for process improvements to facilitate fast and accurate response to colleagues.
- Monitors, reviews, and maintains REACT. Prepares reports and notifies Loan Administration Manager, Credit Manager, Private Banker or Underwriter when past due/coming due documentation obligations from clients is required. Ensures that all verification and reporting controls are in place to safeguard against regulatory violations.
- Reviews documentation in accordance with Bank policies and procedures and to facilitate closings with Private Client Advisor.
- May be assigned projects from time-to-time.
- Builds a strong and effective working relationship with Private Bankers and other bank credit partners. Acts as a single point of contact by establishing open lines of communication to facilitate an appropriate solution to the issues at hand, keeping escalation to a minimum.
- Maintains a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- *High School Diploma or GED required
- *Minimum 2 years client service experience required
- *Minimum 2 years small business or consumer loan experience required
Skills and Knowledge
- General understanding of financial accounting and commercial lending principles.
- Broad based banking experience to include commercial and consumer loan servicing and support.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to clearly and precisely provide colleagues with information, data, advice and instruction, as well as respond to inquiries and manage difficult situations.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, OnePoint REACT, and AFS are preferred.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
#ca-bpEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled