Compliance Privacy OfficerStart Application Job ID RISK-10480 CityLos Angeles StateCalifornia Exempt/Non ExemptExempt ShiftDay Work ScheduleM-F, 8-5
Responsible for overseeing all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, processes and procedures related to the bank's privacy practices, including its privacy notice and statement, information sharing standards, privacy breach incidents, cybersecurity, and privacy safeguards in the offering of the bank's products and services through its various business segments and distribution channels.
- Provide guidance and advice on privacy-related matters and participate in the development of processes and controls to ensure compliance will all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Work with business areas and affiliates on developing information sharing protocols and governance around information sharing. Establish mechanisms to track access to client information and privacy breach incidents and perform analysis to identify necessary changes.
- Manage regulatory compliance with privacy laws and regulations and oversee the bank's Red Flags Identity Theft and Privacy Programs.
- Handle annual privacy notice mailings, including updates to notice, policies and statements.
- Perform periodic risk assessments and ongoing compliance monitoring activities. Measure privacy risks through KPIs/KRIs.
- Review vendors that pose privacy risks to the organization and establish controls and monitoring to mitigate risks.
- Review enterprise privacy training, privacy-related complaints, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures.
- Promote activities to foster information privacy awareness across organization.
- Participate on various bank privacy committees and related projects/initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws and information privacy technologies.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Complete all required training.
- *Minimum 7 years of privacy compliance or banking compliance experience required.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience working with privacy regulations (i.e. TCPA, GLBA, Reg P, Identify Theft Red Flags, state privacy laws).
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with bank operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of privacy and banking compliance laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.