COMPLIANCE ANALYST BROKER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This colleague will have responsibility for, but not limited to: performing branch office reviews, approving client communications, drafting policies and procedures, approving marketing materials, interfacing with FINRA and the SEC regarding form B/D and ADV amendments and approving licensed colleagues correspondence. This includes project management and serving as the subject matter expert for FINRA continuing education, FINRA 3130 examination SEC 206(4)(7) and directing registrations. Also performs other duties, as requested/directed by the CCO.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead the BD compliance testing program, recommend changes to policies and procedures
- Interface and train senior management with respect to policy and regulatory changes.
- Report to the CCO the results of monthly, quarterly and or annual compliance reporting, testing & surveillance, checklists, certifications, acknowledgements including exception follow-up, if any, such as with Code of Ethics, Personal Trading, Account Statements, etc.
- Perform compliance reviews of correspondence and sales and trading activities. DRAFT Compliance reports for distribution to senior management. Participate in team departmental meetings and assist with the annual planning and scheduling of the branch office inspection program.
- Conduct independent branch office reviews, present findings and recommendations to remediate any findings. Perform marketing material review and file necessary documents with FINRA.
- Prepare charts and graphs of KPI’s for management presentations.
- Work with colleagues and regulatory agencies to secure appropriate registrations to conduct a securities business. Determine the impact of disclosures on the validity of registrations and the ongoing supervision requirements pursuant to FINRA and SEC regulations.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a compliance environment of a financial institution or financial services company, preferably with a compliance department of a broker dealer;
- Must have at least series 7 license
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree, preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of colleagues and outside contacts.
- Ability to present to senior management
Starting base salary: $75,048 - $94,552 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled