COMPLIANCE ANALYST BROKER DEALER INVESTMENT ADVISORY
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Colleague is responsible for assisting CNS Branch Manager with daily supervision of Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory activity. Responsible for reviewing and approving new account documentation, trade blotters, written and electronic correspondence, and firm books and records for compliance with CNB, CNS, and regulatory requirements. Review and approve daily compliance reports to ensure compliance with CNB, CNS, and regulatory requirements. Provides ongoing review of current procedures to ensure compliance and to identify areas of improvement and works with management to create and implement new processes and procedures.Provide support to CNS Client Service Officer Lead with supervising CNS phone queue. Act as a liaison between Investment Advisors, their assistants, clients, and CNB colleagues to assist with resolving and expediting client issues and the timely and accurate processing of requests with Operations. Work directly with clients to resolve escalated service issues and complete various transactions.
Wealth Management Division: City National Securities
As a member of City National Securities, the company's brokerage services group, you will be part of the exceptional team that caters to investors who prefer to actively manage their investments and make buy/sell decisions. City National Securities offers a full range of investment capabilities, and delivers personalized service to help clients manage their investments with confidence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Review and approve FINRA licensed colleagues correspondence. Review all flagged emails sent or received for registered representatives of CNS. Monitor and review all FINRA licensed colleagues social media posts.
- Perform required annual Reg 9 reviews for the CNS Investment Advisory Program and annual reviews for the CNS Asset Allocation Program. Perform upcoming DOL Fiduciary reviews for Brokerage and Advisory Accounts.
- Create special reports or complete specific tasks for CNS management. Regular duties include assisting with adhoc report requests from various internal departments and external auditors.
- Assist CNS Principals with review of daily operational and supervisory reports including overdrafts, unvested cash, aged receivables, anticipated fees, account maintenance changes, and CIP reports.
- Review and approve new account documentation and transactions including Transfer of Assets, New Accounts (DVP/RVP, Prime Broker, Non-Prototypes, Charitable Organizations, Trusts & Estates, etc.), Margin applications, CDARS, Checks, Wires, ACHs (including 3rd party distributions), Retirement and Death Distributions, Address Changes and other miscellaneous account updates.
- Assist colleagues and clients with daily operational and service related requests. Assist CNS and other bank colleagues to resolve unique client requests. This may entail working with Legal, NFS, and other bank divisions. Provide support to Assistant Investment officers and CNS Client Service Lead on CNS Phone Queue and when Assistant Investment Officers and Investment Relationship Officers are out of the office. Provide support to CNS Management with escalated service related calls.
- Review and approve Money Market Exceptions
- Assist CNS Compliance and Management with audit requests.
- Assist CNS Management with training for new hires and existing hires.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Brokerage Operations, Broker Dealer Compliance, and Client Support for Broker Dealer activities.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63, and 65 or 66 and 24
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Retirement Plans, Trust Administration, CDARS, 529 Plans, Fixed Income, Preferred investments, Equity and Option trading, FINRA regulations, CNS & CNB policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in learning and mastering a variety of computer programs including SEI, FBSI, FIS Metavante, Galaxy, and Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and strong organizational skills are required. Individual must have the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while tracking constantly-evolving detail
- Must have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and the ability to work independently.
Starting base salary: $71,869 - $114,797 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled