Card Claim SpecialistJob ID BIS-10663 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M - F, 8-5
Responsible for processing, handling and resolving customer concerns pertaining to ATM, Debit Card and Credit Card Claims. The incumbent may receive calls from customers who wish to file a new claim, make additions to or follow-up on existing claims or appeal denied claims and will resolve claims within the banks policies and procedures. Identify and contact individuals who may require documentation related to customer claim; interview customer relevant to investigation into claim. Responsibilities also includes: updating claim information using multiple systems and tools; debit and credit customer's accounts as appropriate; update customer regarding pending claims; research and resolve other general customer account inquiries as appropriate. This job may include other responsibilities such as malware alerts, travel notifications, review of various reports or other tasks decided upon by Management. Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external CNB customers and providing exemplary customer services.
- Requires knowledge of procedures and/or regulatory requirements to process transactions, such as claim provisional credits and/or debits to client accounts as needed
- Perform chargebacks through Data Navigator or STAR for the recovery process.
- Process tickets for chargeback credits, representment debits and pre-arb credits to the appropriate General Ledgers.
- Received inbound or perform outbound calls to clients in regards to claim or submission of additional documentation as needed
- Process various reports to track progress of the claims or perform necessary steps of actions as needed.
- Review Malware alerts utilizing multiple systems to decrypt, lock and review client activity to prevent unauthorized access to bank systems and to stop fraud.
- Process travel exclusion requests that includes updating three systems with traveling timeframe and itinerary.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to diffuse difficult customer challenges and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Must work well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Must have a strong and positive work ethic and follow CNB core values
- Must be flexible and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to multi-tasks and meet specific performance goals
- Knowledge of PC functions in a Windows based environment
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Effective written and oral communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of bank personnel and clients.
- Ability to sit for prolong periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year of general office, back office banking or accounting experience required
- Minimum 1 year of basic computer experience required (e.g. MS Word and Excel)
- *High School Diploma or GED required
- *Minimum 1 year of general office, back office banking or accounting experience required
- *Minimum 1 year of basic computer experience required (e.g. MS Word and Excel)
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.