CAPITAL ADVISOR PRIVATE BANKING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provides custom credit solution expertise in an advisory capacity with Private Bankers and Client Managers to ultra/high net worth and professional service firms. Primary focus is net credit growth by providing compelling advice and tailored solutions within CNB's credit policy and Private Banking's range. Also acts as an internal sales leader for the credit product, liaising with Regional Managers, Private Bankers and Client Managers to ensure credit is a core part of the Private Banking offering.Must be in good standing under The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Attend client, prospect, and COI meetings with Private Banker, Client Manager or Region Manager to advise and create solutions to suit the client’s needs. Develop credit approval memorandum (aka EOI) in collaboration with division credit manager for delivery to clients.
- Provide appropriate credit guidance to the client team and collaborate in determining appropriate client credit strategy for assigned region(s).
- Provide pricing guidance and input to the Private Banker and Client Manager and help them with pricing negotiation.
- Review client base regularly to uncover new growth opportunities, retention needs, and assess competitiveness of Private Banking credit solutions and delivery. Working with Private Bankers, review their client and prospect lists for credit opportunities
- In partnership with the regional managers, support the credit goals of the regional business plans. Advise the Private Bankers on the credit related aspects of their business plans.
- Manage region(s) credit pipeline for all new and increased loan requests.
- Provide final review of the Client Risk Recommendation (“CRR”) to ensure it contains a well-supported recommendation or decision. Collaborate with the underwriting team wherever possible and appropriate in their preparation of the CRR.
- Work with Credit Administration when needed to facilitate a timely credit decision and optimal credit strategy.
- Provide coaching to client teams to improve their credit delivery message.
- Contribute as requested to development of new hire on-boarding and internal credit professional development programs.
- Contribute as needed on division-level credit projects.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confer with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12 years of Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriting experience
- 5 years of experience in U/HNW segment
- Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge
- 12 years Commercial Real Estate Credit Underwriting experience including structuring complex credit decisions
- Advanced capability to gain required personal and financial information, perform high-level analysis, and make appropriate recommendations accordingly. Provide advice and recommendations within the context of the client’s goals, considering the full scope of their balance sheet and wealth plans
- Sales experience including: profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals
- Knowledgeable in custom credit policies and procedures
- Advanced analytical skills, including financial analysis and the ability to identify and analyze credit opportunities and the attendant credit risks
- Strong credit analysis skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and adaptable to a wide range of personality types. Comfort with negotiation and in conducting critical conversations with clients, prospects, COIs, and internal credit colleagues.
- Exceptionally well organized to handle a high workload
- High comfort with the accountability for decision making
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
Starting base salary: $127,626 - $237,014 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled