Business Systems Analyst IIIJob ID FIN-10675 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule m-f, 8-5
Develop, test, implement, and end-user training and support of a wide variety of the Bank's systems involved in the various division specific systems and processes. Serve as the business expert for the development, maintenance, training, tax and regulatory compliance and support of all tax processes related to systems. Coordinate business unit efforts required for project implementation and oversees all required post-implementation tasks to ensure business unit satisfaction. Perform system administrative, configuration and reporting functions in the division which are NOT the responsibility of Business and Technology Services. Runs database queries or creates Reports in support of management information needs.
- Determine tax business unit system needs and objectives and consults with tax business unit regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Prepare business and system requirements for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to division management.
- Gather and writes-up business and system requirements, prepare test scripts, quality controls all changes, develop and code documents and supports the tax division for trouble shooting hardware and software.
- Conduct all user and quality assurance testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Develop test scripts to quality control all changes. Interact with software vendors and BATS to implement software enhancements.
- Provide system application support to end-users and effectively troubleshoot system application problems. Make system configuration changes or coordinate changes with vendors or BATS to correct identified problems.
- Prepare end-user documentation on system enhancements. Communicate key system changes to the user community.
- Provide continuous training and instruction to users on system application use and business processes.
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Run queries against application databases and/or the Bank's data warehouse and assists with the preparation of periodic or ad hoc reports for distribution to senior management, risk management units (e.g. Audit, Compliance and/or Credit Risk Review) or third parties (e.g. OCC, external auditors).
- Maintain current knowledge of related corporate tax, regulatory and bank policies and procedures.
- Represent the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Complies fully with all Bank Administrative, Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- *Minimum 5 years experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes required.
- *Minimum 5 years experience designing and generating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports or Business Objects required.
Highly Preferred Work Experiences:
- Using Oracle and/or Oracle Analytics
- Using/programming Java Server Pages & Scripts
- Writing Oracle Procedures & Views
- Experience in Tax Accounting Methods.
- Experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes required.
- Experience designing and generating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports or Business Objects required.
- Experience in Corporate tax and ASC 740 concepts
Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills and creativity to go outside of the defined policies and procedures to enhance system capabilities and efficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent 5 to 7 years of experience in commercial or consumer lending operations with over 3 years managing project(s) and/or moderate-sized teams.
- Understanding of systems development life cycle concepts required. Must be detailed oriented and possess effective organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills sufficient to interact with all levels of Bank personnel.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge with demonstrated ability to creatively design solutions to problems.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.