Business Systems Analyst I Mortgage SystemsJob ID RLD-11510 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Non-Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
Develop, test, implement, and end-user training and support of a wide variety of the Bank's systems involved in the various division specific systems and processes. Serve as the business expert for the development, maintenance, training, regulatory compliance and support of all processes related to systems. Coordinate business unit efforts required for project implementation and oversees all required post-implementation tasks to ensure business unit satisfaction. Perform system administrative, configuration and reporting functions in the division which are NOT the responsibility of Business and Technology Services. Runs database queries or creates Reports in support of management information needs.
Formulates and defines moderately complex systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Performs less complex projects to assess business needs and recommend technical solutions. Provides technical guidance to colleagues. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Typically requires 2-4 years experience
- Determine business unit system needs and objectives and consults with business unit regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Prepare business and system requirements for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to division management.
- Gather and writes-up business and system requirements, prepare test scripts, quality controls all changes, develop and code documents and supports the division credit, loan documentation and loan services teams for trouble shooting hardware and software
- Conduct all user and quality assurance testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Develop test scripts to quality control all changes. Interact with software vendors and BATS to implement software enhancements.
- Collaborate with Credit Administration, BATS, Legal, Product Management and others to create and implement correct forms, products and services as they relate to the system application.
- Provide system application support to end-users and effectively troubleshoot system application problems. Make system configuration changes or coordinate changes with vendors or BATS to correct identified problems.
- Prepare end-user documentation on system enhancements. Communicate key system changes to the user community. Provide continuous training and instruction to users on system application use and business processes.
- Monitor development activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, quality standards and schedule.
- Run queries against application databases and/or the Bank's data warehouse and assists with the preparation of periodic or ad hoc reports for distribution to line units, senior management, risk management units (e.g. Audit, Compliance and/or Credit Risk Review) or third parties (e.g. OCC, external auditors).
- Maintain current knowledge of related regulatory and bank policies and procedures.
- Represent the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Complies fully with all Bank Administrative, Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- *Minimum 2 years experience developing and customizing databases/systems for reporting purposes required.
- *Minimum 2 years experience designing and generating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports or Business Objects required.
- *Minimum 1 years experience working in a loan servicing/operations environment required
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- Prior banking experience and extensive writing and developing reports, and sales and financial modeling.
- Thorough knowledge of PC computing environments, experience with database/data warehouses, and experience using reporting/query tools such as Brio, MS Query, MS Access, Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel and MS Access.
- Working Knowledge of financial analysis techniques.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.