Business Systems Analyst - Financial IntelligenceJob ID RISK-11651 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Financial Intel Business Systems Analyst will work on the Actimize Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM) and Watch List Filtering (WLF) solutions along with the Risk Case Manager (RCM) case management application to support BSA AML program. The analyst will utilize strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills for statistical analysis and modeling to ensure effectiveness and quality of the transaction monitoring system utilized to identify potential money laundering cases. Perform those system administrative, configuration and reporting functions which are NOT the responsibility of Business and Technology Services (BATS).
- Provide business analysis expertise for AML Compliance projects to include gathering and documenting functional requirements; reviewing key technical documentation; developing and/or executing UAT scripts; documenting technology projects; and assisting in the design, testing and implementation of new and existing AML systems and environments.
- Provide data analysis expertise for AML Compliance projects to include requesting, profiling, extracting, analyzing, testing and reviewing data.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Analyze repetitive alerts that yield no valid results and recommend modification in thresholds or scenarios to ensure surveillances' time and efforts may be applied to more 'realistic' unusual activity.
- Establishes an audit trail for research and internal control purposes.
- This individual will be looked upon to proactively troubleshoot for the best solution given the strategic direction of the new AML Solution, and ongoing optimization of usage of AML This includes writing test scripts, user acceptance testing, etc.
- This person is responsible for the documentation of any project/activity assigned.
- This person may also be responsible for recommending, updating, or designing reports using Tableau. Also, involved in AML automation and Machine Learning (ML) development.
- *Minimum 3 years of SQL experience (writing and optimizing SQL queries, custom SQL reports to support business requirements and analyze the data)
- *Minimum 3 years of experience with administration of systems that supports financial data
- *Minimum 3 years of experience with system and application implementation/enhancement projects
Job Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills
- Experience utilizing research/investigative databases and software application to analyze and detect transaction patterns and trends (or similar role)
- Independent worker and a critical thinker
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize ideas and opportunities through business judgment and fact-based business and financial analysis
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders (e.g., Compliance; Business and Technology Services; Central Operations; Audit)
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel and MS Access
- Working knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of BSA/AML Regulations and PATRIOT ACT, a plus.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.