Business Intelligence Data ArchitectJob ID BATS-11315 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F,8:30-5:30
The Data Architect will be responsible for translating requirements into a complete data warehouse and business intelligence solution as well as managing testing data to be consumed in automated, and manual, testing. The desired candidate will be responsible for the data model design and defining the ETL and metadata repository approach for EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse), ODS (Operational Data Store) and any DMs (Data Marts). The candidate will work closely with the application Architects, DBA, Testers, and ETL Developers to analyze data requirements, design logical and physical models, evolve models to meet new and changing business requirements and develop processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data warehousing components.
- Work as part of the larger Architecture team
- Responsible for the architecture of the BI/Reporting environment, its design, performance, availability, and success
- Develop, document and maintain data model related standards
- Ensure quality, consistency and security of database design,
- Ensure that the BI implementations follow industry defined best practices, common standards and procedures
- Determine conceptual designs, logical databases, external data interface specifications, data loading plans, data maintenance plans and data security policies
- Translate business and data requirements into technical terms, propose and recommend technical solutions
- Participate in data sourcing analysis, data mapping, documenting requirements, setting up recurring data loads and testing
- Provide oversight on the design, development and implementation of new subject areas and reports
- Review and approve database change requests to safeguard the databases and data integrity
- Work independently with minimum management supervision
- Understand the corporate business and appropriately prioritize activities to best serve business needs.
- Maintain, with others, testing data to a standard appropriate for realistic automated tests, for feature level testing, as well as performance testing.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years of working experience as an architect in a complex data warehouse environment required
- Minimum of 4 year of experience working with SQL Server required
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience as an architect in a complex data warehouse environment required
- B.S. in Computer Science or 4 year degree. MS in Computer Science preferred
- In-depth understanding and working experience of Data Warehousing/Data modeling methodologies required
- Hands-on experience using Erwin
- Working experience with SQL Server
- ETL development experience
- Working knowledge of Power BI, or similar, an advantage.
- Capable of clear communication with colleagues as well as external third parties
- Willing to work both as a team member, as well as independently
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.