Business Continuity Program ManagerJob ID RISK-10933 City Los Angeles State California Exempt/Non Exempt Exempt Shift Day Work Schedule M-F, 8-5
The Business Continuity Program Manager (BCPM) reports to the SVP of Business Continuity Program Office in the Second Line of Defense (SLoD). The BCPM is responsible for the strategic development, review, and challenge of the tactical implementation of all core activities of the Business Continuity Planning framework (Business Impact Analysis, Dependency Analysis, Business Continuity Plan development, and Business Continuity Plan testing, etc.).
As part of the SLoD, the BCM Program Manager works with multiple critical business areas, supports and manages strategic execution of the BC Planning framework and its related components including but not
limited to (Business Impact Analysis, Dependency Analysis, Business Continuity Plan development, and Business Continuity Plan testing).
- Performs review and challenge of First Line of Defense (FLoD) for all core activities of the Business Continuity Planning framework inclusive of gap assessments, risk measurement, appropriateness of mitigation strategies, and material risk identification.
- Ensures BCM and the FLoD roles and responsibilities, timelines, and requirements are clear.
- Drives the socialization, adoption, consistent and appropriate implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the BCM policies, standards, methods, etc. across the bank.
- Centrally understands and drives BCM risk management technology requirements.
- Ongoing subject matter expertise on all BCM regulatory requirements, defining threats, and risk scenarios in order to provide recommendations on changes or program enhancements required to address such requirements and threats.
- Acts as a Business Continuity Management advocate towards the front line business units ensuring business buy-in and facilitating integration of second line policies, standards, and minimum requirements.
- Aids in Board and senior management reporting.
- Performs BCM awareness training relating to BCM Risk Management, including new and changing policies, systems, and methodologies.
- Assesses BC risks and policy/standard/procedure compliance relating to controls design, FLoD testing processes, FLoD testing results and sample based testing.
- Provide technical guidance and help lead the coordination of all corporate activities related to crisis and emergency management.
- Provides support for Internal Audits and Regulatory Exams.
- Ensures FLoD program compliance and maturity through KRI monitoring, monitoring of remediation plans and performing quality assessment reviews.
- Understand and apply internal policies/procedures, laws and regulations and managing to regulatory requirements including but not limited to: FFIEC, OCC, FINRA, Federal Reserve.
- *Minimum 7 years practical Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and/Crisis Management experience
- *Minimum 3 years of financial services experience
- *Minimum 3 years of project management experience
Skills and Knowledge
- BS/BA in Financial Services or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Professional certification from the Disaster Recovery Institute, or from The Business Continuity Institute (e. g. ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, MBCI, CRP and/or other Business Continuity or industry related certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated strong skills in applying Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning principles to various levels (staff, management and executive) of the company.
- Able to effectively interact with peers, subordinates, internal and external customers and vendors.
- Excellent, analytical, problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams.
- Advanced presentation skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, which include task identification, project planning, and ability to understand scope of recovery efforts, ability to coordinate critical activities during continuity exercises and events, and proficiency with tools required to pull project together.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.